Risk Advisory - Technology Assurance and Advisory - Business Analyst
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 200,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, and commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
Risk Advisory offers clients an end-to-end solution for all their risk management needs.
Our Risk Advisory practice now encompasses the following specialised service offerings:
- Governance Risk and Oversight Services
- Technology Assurance and Advisory Services
- Data Analytics
- Cyber Risk and Resilience
About the Job
Organisational/ Enterprise Analysis – Able to provide the context / foundation on which to evaluate all requirements, issues & challenges
- Define business need – Able to identify the real business needs & issues, clearly articulate the stakeholder vision and understands the business environment/ context of the business problem/ opportunity
Requirements Planning & Management – Able to assist the project manager in planning and monitoring the tasks associated with the business analysis effort.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis – Able to identify stakeholders who may be impacted by the initiative and perform stakeholder analysis e.g. RACI matrix, stakeholder matrix, stakeholder list. Able to build and manage relationships with stakeholders
Requirements Analysis – Able to convert stated requirements into a description of the required capabilities of a potential solution that will fulfil the actual needs of the stakeholders.
- Organize requirements – Able to create views of the requirements for the new business solution that are comprehensive, complete, consistent and understood from all stakeholder perspectives, including: business SME, business users, solution designers, developers, integrators and testers.
- Specify and model requirements – Able to document requirements in multiple ways using a combination of textual statements, matrices, diagrams and formal models articulated in natural (non-technical) language e.g. as-is process flows, use case diagrams, etc
At Deloitte you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a fast-growing practice and work with like-minded people who are at the forefront of their chosen field
- Work within a stimulating and challenging environment, with a focus on teamwork and outstanding client service
- Be involved in all facets of IT risk management including assessment, reporting, and developing action plans to address risks
- Plan and execute IT internal and external audits and regulatory compliance work (Sarbanes Oxley, etc)
- Audit security configurations, authorisations, change control processes, and operations at various clients using different EPRs, such as SAP and JDE
- Participate in the development of new tools, solutions and market offerings
- Develop and mentor more junior members of staff
We are looking for someone with any of the following qualifications:
- B.Comm Informatics
- B.Comm Honours IT /Informatics
- Bachelor of Business Science
- B.Comm Accounting with Honours
- BSc IT
- Business analysis related qualifications / certifications
- CISA qualification preferable
You would need to have the following Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Between 2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of IT and business processes
- 3 years relevant experience
- Experience on small projects
- Basic understanding of some areas of business analysis
- Basic understanding of technology and processes
- Experience with facilitating discussions with small groups of stakeholders
- Experience with building relationships with business and IT team members within the organisation
- Experience with delivering simple documents and deliverables
- Basic understanding and exposure to consulting methodologies, project management framework and system implementation lifecycle
- Business process/controls re-engineering skills
- Technical understanding of technology platforms, operating systems, system development life cycle, change management, information security, databases
You would need to have the following Behavioral Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present yourselves in a competent and professional manner to the client at all times
- Conscientious approach to delivering results
- Active participation and proactive attitude to service delivery
- Ability to prioritise competing responsibilities
- Demonstrate lateral thinking skills
- Demonstrate a broad approach to problem solving
- Ability to work efficiently and meet all deadlines
- Show enthusiasm towards learning
Requisition code: ZA116211LP
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top