Risk Advisory - Risk & Controls Specialist – Limerick
What impact will you make?
Deloitte has an exciting opportunity within our risk advisory team for a manager to make an impact that matters to our young and dynamic team and to our clients. We will provide a challenging and exciting work environment, interesting and varied projects with scope for personal development and on-going training.
Deloitte is the leading provider of risk services and therefore offers a wide array of high profile projects and with clients that are leaders in their industry. Deloitte Risk Advisory offers a large range of services designed to support our clients to: comply with best practice in corporate governance; understand their risks; evaluate and improve their control environment. We are looking to recruit an individual at Manager level to help develop and grow our team.
Deloitte have an excellent career opportunity for a Risk & Controls Specialist at a Manager level to work in the Risk Advisory department of our Limerick office. You will be given the opportunity to develop your knowledge of various technology tools and systems, scope for personal development and if appropriate on-going training towards completion of a relevant qualification.
Working as a Risk & Controls Specialist at a Manager level you will typically be involved in:
- Internal Controls – Providing independent evaluation of, and opinion on, processes, systems and controls and detail any required remedial action where weaknesses are identified
- Corporate Governance – Supporting clients through the documentation of board/committee terms of reference, evaluation of board and committee effectiveness, providing training to boards and audit committees
- Risk Management – Assisting in the identification and evaluation of corporate, process, operational and/or project risks and developing/advising on appropriate management and assurance strategies
- Best practice reviews – reviewing systems and/or processes with a focus on using the firm’s knowledge and experience to recommend improvements and/or changes in the client’s methods
- Regulation or legislation driven reviews – reviewing processes to give clients assurance that they are in a position to meet the requirements of any new legislation, government regulation or guidance
- Efficiency reviews – detailed testing and evaluation of financial and non-financial areas with an emphasis on assisting clients in meeting objectives in a more cost efficient or timely manners
- Leadership – providing direction and leadership to the team.
- You will have minimum 5 year internal control, governance and risk management experience
- Minimum 2.1 honours degree or equivalent
- An ACA, ACCA, CIIA or other accounting qualification
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Business acumen and insight to be an effective business advisor to clients
- Experience managing and leading teams effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with ambition to continue progressing successfully your career
- Availability to travel within Ireland when required
We are always interested in talking with professionals about their next career experience with Deloitte? If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply online now or contact Finola Gallagher-Taaffe at [email protected] for further information.
Requisition code: 121740
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top