Risk Advisory - Internal Audit Manager (Western Sydney)
About our team
Risk Advisory help our clients identify, manage and elevate their preparedness for risk, driving the risk agenda across key areas of the Australian economy.
We work with our clients to offer insights and perspective on pivotal issues that impact risk and controls across information technology, fraud protection, bribery and corruption, workplace health and safety, business continuity management, security and resilience, project risk, analytics, contract risk, major capital projects and more. Through Deloitte’s intelligent risk and control advice we enhance our client’s capacity to act.
As part of our specialist Higher Education industry group you will be working with a group of individuals who are knowledgeable and passionate about the industry and enjoy working with clients to deliver innovative and dynamic results.
About the role
We are looking for an Internal Audit Manager. A background in the Higher Education industry will be looked upon favourably but is not essential. This role plays an integral role in delivering impact to our clients and will see you involved in:-
- Working with Australia’s top universities
- Playing a substantial/lead role in managing client relationships and communication
- Demonstrating knowledge of better practices in the identification, measurement, management, monitoring and reporting of risks, including the application of globally recognised risk management standards (e.g., ISO 31000:2009) and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- A substantial role in achieving and maintaining the quality of internal and external communication deliverables, including technical content of reports, proposals, etc.
- Providing engagement or task management and designing appropriate methodologies
- Contributing material for internal and external thought leadership publications
- Evaluating, counselling, mentoring, and providing feedback on performance of others
- Assisting in the retention and growth of our professionals
- Participating and assisting in training efforts
You’ll have sound and practical knowledge of current Internal Audit practices, standards and developments and will be able to showcase your experience in:
- Internal Program Design and Delivery
- Identify and engage Deloitte SMEs to support delivery of the internal audit program
- Lead internal audits, develop thought leadership and draft and present proposals
- Ability to maintain a comprehensive review for insurance companies
- 5+ years’ experience with a strong understanding of core risk and internal audit processes
- Engaging competently and independently with Australia’s leading University industry Heads of Internal Audit and business stakeholders
We expect strong report writing and communication skills, a highly organised approach and proven project management knowledge.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of ‘And different’.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
To apply, please follow the apply process. For more information, contact Ivy Iglesias via the Our Recruiters section on our careers website.
Requisition code: AUEXP128890
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top