Risk Advisory - FSI Insurance - Risk Transformation Manager (Sydney)
About our team
Deloitte’s vision is to be the most inspiring firm to work with – for its people, its clients and its communities. Deloitte is committed to innovation, the oxygen that it uses to develop new ideas, products and services that create value for itself, its clients and the country.
As part of our specialist Financial Services industry group you will be working with a group of individuals who are knowledgeable and passionate about the industry and enjoy working with clients to deliver innovative and dynamic results.
About the role
Based in Sydney, we are looking for a Risk Transformation Manager with a focus on the Insurance industry. In this role you will:
- Work with Board, Executive and Senior Management at Australia’s largest insurers, including general, life, health, reinsurance and broking sectors
- Play a lead role in identifying, building and managing relationships with our risk transformation clients
- Assist our clients to transform their risk management capabilities, reviewing/designing/building/implementing risk management frameworks
- Leading the development of risk management related deliverables for our clients which add real value to the future management of the business and establishment of cultures which support the successful delivery of their strategy
- Building and lead multidisciplinary teams to deliver risk transformation programs and perform reviews of our insurance clients’ risk and control environment
- Contributing to the building of the Deloitte brand in our core service offerings, including active roles in industry forums, thought leadership and internal events.
- Support the ongoing improvement and management of the Risk Advisory business to enable the delivery of our vision
We are seeking an individual who will be dedicated to assisting Deloitte achieve its vision. You’ll have a background in financial services and internal audit skills. In particular, you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Experience in engaging senior industry stakeholders
- Strong industry knowledge of core insurance processes, risks and controls
- Knowledge of risk management better practices and the value these practices can deliver to our clients
- Experience in reviewing, designing and building risk management frameworks, or elements thereof such as risk management strategies, risk appetite statements, risk reporting, risk assessments, risk systems, etc
- Experience in assessing and responding to the regulatory agenda being faced by Australia’s insurance industry sector
- Experience in building and leading diverse teams of subject matter experts
- A focus on delivering programs of work which exceed your stakeholders expectations – including reports, proposals, presentations, etc
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of ‘And different’.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
To apply, please follow the apply process. For more information, contact Ivy Iglesias via the Our Recruiters section on our careers website.
Requisition code: AUEXP130552
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top