Revenue Cycle and Analytics – Senior Consultant, Healthcare Provider
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly changing health care environment? Do you appreciate working on multi-disciplinary teams, problem solving and strategizing to address the revenue cycle challenges of the leading health systems in our country? Do you see yourself working alongside health care providers, administrators, and clinicians to increase their net revenue, accelerate their cash flow, and reduce costs by addressing people, process, and technology components across the revenue cycle spectrum? We are looking for sharp analytical thinkers who are adept at understanding challenges in our health care system to join our Revenue Cycle Transformation practice!
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants perform detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address health care providers' biggest challenges. These challenges encompass everything from helping providers increase revenues, decrease costs, accelerate cash flow, improve clinical outcomes and operational workflow efficiencies by addressing people, processes, and technology across every aspect of the project lifecycle. Responsibilities typical of a Senior Consultant on one of these projects could include:
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
- Develop work plans for components of an engagement
- Coordinate activities between work streams
- Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential and complex data sets
- Facilitate client interviews and client meetings
- Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
- Design deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Mentor junior staff
The team – About our Provider Revenue Cycle Practice
Revenue cycle management can create business and technology challenges for organizations, particularly with the changing reimbursement landscape. To meet those challenges, Deloitte offers among the most comprehensive set of Revenue Cycle consulting services and products in the health care industry. We are recognized for innovation and thought leadership, and have developed proprietary methodologies, tools, using analytics to help clients achieve their goals quickly and efficiently. Learn more about our Revenue Cycle Transformation practice.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in revenue cycle operations in a health care provider, consulting, or technology vendor environment
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Performed above expectations in previous professional roles
- excellent knowledge of Big Data Analytics, Enterprise Healthcare Revenue Cycle and billing operations, patient financial processes
- Deep knowledge of data analytics platform integration for electronic healthcare medical record databases such as Epic and Cerner.
- working knowledge of SEO, HTML, CSS, SQL, PuTTY, Salesforce, JIRA and Clarizen
- Competent in Microsoft suite of Business Software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess strong Data & Analytic skills
- Willingness and ability to travel 100%
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
- Experience in one or more the following revenue cycle functions: Patient Access, Charge Integrity and Patient Financial Services
- Experience in Clinical Documentation Improvement initiatives
- Proficiency and experience with financial, billing and reimbursement data
- Possesses a working knowledge of the UB-04, MA claim form, HCFA-1500, claim form and claim scrubber
- Experience with hospital financial and patient accounting systems, such as EPIC, Cerner, Soarian, SMS, McKesson, Invision, HBOC, MEDITECH, and Eclipsys
- Excellent undergraduate academic record (GPA 3.5+)
- Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA) from a top tier program
- Professional competence in Microsoft Access
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Tolerance for working in ambiguous, uncertain environments
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRC007SF-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top