Research Manager, Center for Financial Services
Research Manager, Center for Financial Services
Deloitte's Center for Financial Services (DCFS), part of the firm's U.S. Financial Services practice, is a source of up-to-the-minute insights on the most important issues facing senior-level decision-makers across the financial services. We offer an integrated view of financial services issues, delivered through a mix of research, industry events and roundtables, and provocative thought leadership—all tailored to specific organizational roles and functions. DCFS is staffed by professionals who bring a wide array of deep, hands-on industry experience.
Work you'll do
As a key member of the Center's research team, the Research Manager will contribute to the advancement and quality of research and thought leadership outputs for use by our client service professionals in the Investment Management practice and their clients. These include in-depth research reports, client presentations, case studies, articles, blog posts, etc. These deliverables integrate information from a wide range of primary and secondary sources, including surveys, third-party research and databases, analyst reports, government publications, presentations, industry commentaries, and news articles.
- Contribute to—including authoring or co-authoring—thought leadership focused on investment management
- Raise the profile and differentiation of our thought leadership by infusing it with insights derived from advanced analytic techniques, such as predictive analytics, data mining, text mining, and/or sentiment analysis
- Organize and manage research project workflow to achieve project milestones
- Help to develop external-facing periodic publications featuring interesting research visualizations using diverse sets of data that promises significant business impact
- Build effective working relationships with subject matter experts within the firm and the external marketplace, and conducts effective interviews
- Work collaboratively with the practice leadership and other teams (marketing professionals, knowledge management, PR etc.) to prepare thought leadership deliverables
- Help deploy research/thought leadership through a variety of channels
- Manage key relationships and project deliverables with internal stakeholders and outside vendors to support implementation of an aggressive program of research and thought leadership
New York or Boston location base practitioner required.
- Undergraduate degree
- At least 5 years professional experience in consulting, investment management, investment research or in major corporations serving financial services firms
- Solid writing skills; a track record in publishing (press, academic journals, or business reports such as equity or risk analysis) are a must
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills; Ability to think creatively and solve research problems
- Passionate about developing "ahead of the curve," provocative thinking, delivering results, and achieving success
- Previous project management experience and experience managing a team are a must
- Self-starter, independent thinker and resourceful, and competency to work with distributed team members when necessary
- Strong people skills with an ability to shape/influence the strategic thinking of senior business executives (internal and external) on emerging issues/trends
- Excellent presentation skills
- Enjoys visibility with key media groups and is successful at positioning findings in those groups
- Collegial and team-oriented in approach
- Build relationships and credibility with internal clients by demonstrating consultative skills that generate demand for projects that are aligned with firm and Center priorities
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Master's degree, MBA or CFA
- Have exposure to and training in analytical/statistical methods and interpretation of statistical results; Preferred experience in survey design and with statistical software tools such as SPSS®
- Strong candidates will also be familiar with data visualization software, such as Tableau, and have a broad network of research or industry contacts.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NYCSMGRASM035-CL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top