Research Lead—Industrial Products and/or Manufacturing, Center for Industry Insights
Research Lead—Industrial Products and/or Manufacturing, Center for Industry Insights, Deloitte Services LP
The Deloitte Center for Industry Insights (the Center) is a trusted provider of leading trends and research on critical business issues facing business leaders across consumer business and manufacturing. The Center and Deloitte Services LP seeks to hire a manager or senior manager level individual to play a key role in developing though leadership that will have a transformational impact on Deloitte's manufacturing client base and the industrial marketplace.
The Research Leader will work directly with Deloitte industrial sector leadership to develop actionable insights on emerging trends, challenges and opportunities facing manufacturing companies. This includes conducting advanced level research, writing, analysis and deployment, and participation in strategic decision-making with practice leadership.
Deliverables may include white papers, in-depth research reports, client presentations, case studies, articles, interactive websites etc. which integrate information from a wide range of primary and secondary sources, including surveys, third-party research, analyst reports, executive interviews, focus groups, industry commentaries, news articles, etc. Office location is flexible.
Research and Eminence Strategy Development and Deployment
- Work with senior leadership to develop the research agenda and execute sector level research strategy, successfully navigating through complex situations with multiple stakeholders and delivering top notch results on time
- Shape and manage agenda for research and eminence, and develop deployment strategies and vehicles
- Manage key relationships and project deliverables with internal stakeholders and outside vendors to support the development and deployment of the core research agenda
- Develop research proposals through collaboration with Center leadership, including design of original research study proposals and research plans involving sophisticated research methods
- Develop, manage and execute complex research projects focused on topics related to specific sectors, such as industrial products, and/or broader issues across industrials, chemicals and specialty materials, aerospace, automotive, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing, sector specialist teams, other research teams, and client service professionals across the firm to deploy research findings
- Oversee the team of researchers working on sector and industry projects, providing both project management, and individual mentoring
- Manage and coach junior analysts
- Design and execute in-depth primary and secondary research to form or support hypotheses, including complex quantitative and qualitative data analysis, case study development, survey design and analysis, and senior executive interviews
- Write original research reports, case studies, viewpoints and articles targeted at leading management, industry and policy publications
- Use appropriate statistical and analytical methods in validating research hypotheses and perform analyses to develop original insights
- Develop presentations summarizing insights and recommendations for executive-level audiences at internal and external events
- 10+ years in research and/or consulting roles within the consumer or industrial products industry sector, preferably industrial products and/or manufacturing
- Strong track record with previous employment, preferably with consulting firms, think tanks, academia, focused research institutes, corporate strategy or research divisions
- Ability to quickly filter and synthesize large amounts of information, identifying key points and providing relevant insights to senior decision makers
- Excellent project-management skills; demonstrated ability to develop/deploy project methodologies in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong personnel management and mentoring skills and the ability to effectively direct and motivate project teams
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Competency to work in a virtual teaming environment
- Proven experience with statistical/econometric modeling
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods
- A strong understanding of and previous research experience addressing:
o substantive issues facing consumer and industrial products industries
o key business issues including strategy, operations, innovation, tax, mergers and acquisition, customer strategy, financial and performance management, and/or IT strategy
o high level understanding of industry issues, structure, and/or regulations
- MBA, or Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, or Business-related disciplines preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMLJ001-LC6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top