Research & Eminence Program Market Development Knowledge Manager, US
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Knowledge Services enables our professionals to leverage the full breadth of Deloitte's global capabilities in service to our clients. Knowledge Services (KS) professionals connect people to knowledge, focusing on essential knowledge management activities such as: managing intellectual property, curating project experiences, capturing and connecting expertise, sustaining networks within and across teams, and enabling the leverage of third-party content.
Deloitte Knowledge Services is currently seeking a US Market Development Knowledge Manager (KM) to serve as the KM owner for the US Research & Eminence program. This manager position will focus on growing relationships within the US Eminence and Deloitte University Press programs, driving a knowledge strategy that align with US and program priorities, and advising and coordinating knowledge activities that foster a transformation toward a more robust global knowledge exchange of thought leadership and eminence. This manager is enabled by a small team that support the day to day US Eminence and Deloitte University Process publication processes. The Knowledge Manager will also coordinate closely with the broader CoRe Knowledge Services teams, both collaborating and aligning to Global CoRe KS's strategy, priorities and approaches.
Practice Area Enablement
- Develop and maintain relationships with US Market Development program area sponsors, leads and other key stakeholders
- Oversee the appropriate deployment of knowledge resources/support against US Market Development program needs consistent with Committed Services SOWs
- Within aligned US Market Development program area:
- Proactively engage with leadership to identify knowledge opportunities and priorities
- Develop knowledge plans that articulate KS support of the strategic priorities of the program
- Drive the collection of strategic content, expertise, qualifications and thought leadership for publication within the global knowledge platforms
- Curate assets and determine the "best from the rest"
- Create collections of internal content and external research to support strategic priorities
- Create and maintain US (or global) intranet sites for a program area, as warranted
- Report to program leadership on usage of and contribution to the knowledge system; as well as other metrics associated with Member Firm Standard 1
- Respond to customer support request that are escalated based on need for subject matter knowledge and connections
Intellectual Property Management
- Lead the harvesting of content and assets from US systems (e.g., shared drives, team sites, local document management systems) to global knowledge systems
- Lead knowledge transfer sessions on local initiatives / priorities to educate broader Knowledge Services teams
- Provide business / content support across US portals and tools
- Support adoption and use of DPN as centralized repository of SMEs, including DPN completion and promotion across program.
- Identify and connect Member Firm specialists into relevant cross-Member Firm communities/networks and peer-to-peer forums to exchange knowledge
- Foster and drive participation in activities (e.g., community forums and calls to action) that drive the exchange of tacit knowledge across Member Firm and global networks
Knowledge Platform Optimization
- Develop, maintain and convey in-depth expertise of global knowledge platforms/tools capabilities and functionality
- Deliver recommendations to enhance and optimize global tools to better meet local usage, preferences and processes
- Drive integration options and opportunities between global and US tools, including linkages between global and US Market Development intranets
- Identify and lead the rationalization of US systems that duplicate global systems; where appropriate coordinate migration of content and functionality to global tools
Adoption Measurement & Improvement
- Increase awareness, contribution and usage levels:
- Incorporating knowledge-based services and tools training within US on-boarding and practice events
- Promoting global tools within US intranets
- Leading US tool awareness campaigns and sessions
- Customizing and distributing awareness communications through US channels
- Champion knowledge sharing within the Member Firm and motivate support for the related services and needed shifts in culture
- Systematically deliver metrics and reporting in line with US and global leadership strategy and goals
Location is open to US locations with a preference for individuals to be located where there is an existing population of Deloitte Knowledge Service professionals. Day to day work is virtual.
Education: Bachelor's degree required; relevant fields of study may include Business, Management, Information Systems, Library Sciences, Journalism and/or Communications.
Years of Experience: Candidate must have 5-7 years of relevant experience. Experience in aligned industry/business area a plus and experience in a global professional services organization preferred.
- Experience with electronic knowledge, repository management, intranets/portals, collaborative and social media tools; SharePoint experience preferred
- Experienced, independent thinker with proven project management experience; ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and stakeholders and deliver results
- Highly responsive with demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, build trust and confidence, and manage customer expectations
- Collaborative, team player
- High comfort level working, managing resources, and collaborating in a virtual, global environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to change; experience managing change, acting as a change agent to influence others
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP005LN0215
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top