Relationship Specialist Executive, State of Tennessee
Deloitte Consulting LP is seeking high performing candidates to pursue strategic relationships with State and Local Government at the State of Tennessee. The position will be based primarily in Nashville, TN with little to no travel required if based in this market. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, relevant industry experience, strong relationship management skills and a proven track record in selling professional services to this market. The candidate should have strong relationships with the State of Tennessee around professional services and information technology-related work. Experience in delivery of professional services-related projects with the State and Local Governments is preferred.
Work You'll Do
The Specialist Executive is responsible for building the relationship between Deloitte and the client, helping to market Deloitte's services and capabilities to the client, and the planning and penetration of all areas within the client's organization. The role involves:
- Driving targeting efforts across the breadth of a client's business units and functions
- Developing strategic and tactical plans to generate revenue
- Building relationships with key executives to generate and develop ideas, pursue opportunities and close sales
- Identifying and influencing key decision-makers at all levels within the client organization
- Assisting with qualifying, pursuing and closing opportunities
- Playing a leadership role in pursuits and an oversight role in the development of proposals
- Coordinating the efforts of Deloitte's cross-disciplinary teams during the sales process
- Working closely with Deloitte's Lead Client Service Partner (LCSP) to ensure that the client business and financial plan is developed, monitored and that sales processes are consistently executed across the account.
Supporting our client service teams' execution of our U.S. firms' strategies, the Specialist Executive is instrumental in helping our engagement teams deliver world-class service and value to our clients. The State of Tennessee team is a dedicated group with focus on delivering value and impact across a wide range of platforms and issues related to professional services around solution implementations and information technology.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with mission and technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their strategy, operations, and IT programs to organizational goals. Deloitte offers a complete range of industry-leading services, including government solutions, systems development, and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
For over 40 years, Deloitte has helped U.S. states and federal agencies implement and manage the complex programs that promote the health, safety and well-being of its citizens. We are a proven partner in Health and Human Services, multiple branches of State Government, and technology departments, and bring business and project management experience to our clients' challenges. Our practitioners are dedicated to working with public sector clients and bring a broad range of experience, skills and results.
Public Sector Practice
Deloitte Consulting is in the business of enabling governments to deliver extraordinary advantages to citizens through unprecedented efficiency, accountability, and responsiveness. Our mission is simple - to help governments serve the 21st century citizen. As an organization with deep commercial industry knowledge, Deloitte Consulting's Public Sector Practice is a source of best practices in Strategy, Financial Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Technology Integration, and Human Capital. Our government clients turn to us for better insights into leading strategies and to tap into our network of prominent teams across our industry programs. Deloitte Consulting has the people, the experience and the resources to meet the needs of our clients.
Successful candidates will have the following required background:
- 10 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- 5-10+ years of experience as a named account relationship and/or business development manager serving the State of Tennessee which should include a deep knowledge of the State's procurement process and/or experience working for the State with a deep knowledge of accepted practices around State projects with established relationships at the State level
- In-depth understanding of the Public Sector industry
- Proven ability to develop and secure relationships at all levels within a client organization
- Experience in relationship building that increases account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Demonstrable ability to leverage pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
- Success in playing a leading role within an account team framework (i.e. working effectively with Lead Client Service Partners, Service Line/Industry leaders, practitioners and other business development professionals)
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams in client pursuits
- Poise, executive presence and high articulacy. A strong background in crafting and delivering proposals is also a requirement
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent experience.
In addition, successful candidates will have the following preferred background:
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience in the delivery of professional services to clients
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Professional services sales management knowledge and experience
- Experience leading work planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NASCSPEAT501-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top