Real Estate Senior Manager, Leasing Transactions
Real Estate Senior Manager, Leasing Transactions
Deloitte's Workplace is a tool to deliver business value including: strengthening our brand and culture, recruiting success, and fostering innovation while delivering a distinctly Deloitte experience.
Given the increasing speed of change there is a need to continue to evolve Deloitte's workplace strategy at an ever increasing pace while driving creativity, innovation and value. We are looking to hire a seasoned real estate transaction professional to join Deloitte's Real Estate Services team with a strong background in the US and Asian markets.
What You'll Do
You will serve in a key leadership role for the Transaction Management team within Deloitte's Real Estate Services function, with an emphasis on leading the global leasing strategy development for the portfolio encompassing all of India and future new offshore locations. This includes the development of innovative strategies to seize upon opportunistic lease deals, reduce lease costs, and mitigate foreign risks, including FCPA. Other key responsibilities include:
- Oversight of India transaction management activities within Real Estate Services, monitoring lease end date and options pipeline, and managing leasing strategy for lease end projects, options, M&A and special initiatives (e.g., new offshore country locations); manages tasks and resources to ensure business continuity. Lends transactions expertise to global real estate team as needed.
- Hold key transaction management relationships with Procurement, Independence, OGC and external counsel, Tax Credits and Incentives team, internal M&A team, and Advisory lease audit engagement leadership.
- Leads innovation efforts for transaction management effort in India, with eye to process streamlining, technology and tools enhancement, risk and cost reduction, enhanced speed to deal completion.
- Focus heavily on due diligence activities and risk mitigation practices, together with management and monitoring of land dispute claims when they arise; ensuring all developer agreements and approvals are in place, including joint development agreements, powers of attorney, municipal and environmental approvals, bank guarantees or letters of credit, and understanding of local regulatory requirements (particularly for BTS projects), tax laws and incentive schemes as they relate to the underlying real estate transactions.
How You'll Grow
Deloitte is proud to be on the cutting edge of real estate transformation and workplace strategy. You will be at the forefront of workplace innovation with the resources to execute on complex, sophisticated projects.
Furthermore, professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. We provide access to advanced training programs and expert-taught workshops as well as mentoring and coaching to help you grow. Within DNA and across Deloitte we nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 10+ years of real estate experience including lease management experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous experience working with outside counsel
- Demonstrated work experience with market strategy development
- Experience in a legal context with similar transactions is desirable – either through extensive use of US and/or in-country counsel
- Experience with International BTS and campus environment projects an essential requirement
- Must be able to effectively persuade clients, build strong relationships, team well with others, and strategic thinker who is visionary with future focus on workplace
- Ability to work remotely in a virtual team, and travel as required both domestically and internationally
- Proficient with Microsoft office, IBM TriRiga RETS application, TyMetrix, CoStar
The Transaction Management Group, within Deloitte's internal Real Estate Team, is a tightly knit, high-performing team that prides ourselves on exceptional service and driving innovative solutions to deliver significant value for Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer some of the best employee benefits in the industry.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our culture values creativity and innovation. We celebrate our people and their uniqueness. We believe that collaboration is the key to opportunity and success.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we're a culture of purpose. Today, the interconnectedness of business, markets, politics, and culture requires the adoption of a unified, integrated ethos. At Deloitte, we believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want our potential candidates to feel prepared and confident. To help you ace your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the company and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Below, you'll find links to articles that are designed to help you prepare for your interview and show us why you're the perfect hire.
Putting your best foot forward in an interview.
What we look for when first meeting candidates.
Forward-thinking questions to pose during your interview.
7 tips to ensure a strong interview.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMAH018-CL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top