R&D Tax Senior Consultant, federal tax, compliance, accounting, federal credits, incentives, 199
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS)
Global Investment & Innovation Incentives (Gi3)
Experience in serving clients on research and development, and other federal credits and incentive engagements? Passion for providing value to your clients? Bring your expertise and client service skills to Deloitte! Work on tax incentive engagements which you know will require complex insight for some of the world's largest companies in a variety of industries! If interested, check the "apply" box!
Work you'll do:
As a Tax Senior you will have responsibility for:
- Serving clients on federal credits and incentives engagements including research and development tax credit/deduction analyses, Section 199 deduction engagements, and other federal credit incentive service offerings.
- Developing your technical skills in a given industry/service offering to solve complex issues.
- Interviewing technical personnel and reviewing memoranda to support the credits and incentive opportunities.
- Managing the review and organization of sources of client data for credit and incentives analysis.
- Supporting engagement teams by identifying current project status and next steps for the engagement.
- Serving as the lead point-of-contact for client personnel with both with tax and technical backgrounds.
- Leading the assembly of the final client deliverables.
- Supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
- Demonstrating sound judgement and instincts with respect to supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
- Developing, mentoring, and motivating Tax Consultants, providing counseling and career guidance.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
The NFTS Global Investment & Innovation Incentives (Gi3) tax team is a national team of specialists dedicated to providing comprehensive tax credit and incentive services, including the research and development credit, the domestic production activities deduction, and other federal credits such as the new market tax credit. These benefits are offered for activities conducted in the United States, as well as research performed in over 30 other countries that offer research incentives. The R&D credit is one of the most significant of the remaining U.S. domestic tax credits.
- 3+ years' experience in core federal tax compliance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field
- Tax compliance experience
- Working knowledge of R&D tax incentives experience and/or experience with Section 199
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification; or eligible
- Demonstrated effective research, and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, LLM, or JD
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18CHITSRAFS14A-NFT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top