R&D Tax Manager, federal tax, compliance, accounting, federal credits, incentives, 199
Strong background in the research and development tax credit and/or other federal credits and incentives? Lead tax incentive engagements requiring complex insight for a variety of industries? Passion for providing value to your clients? Exceptional project management and people development skills? If this is you, check the "apply" box!
Work you'll do:
As a Tax Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Managing federal credits and incentives opportunities including research and development tax credit/deduction analyses, Section 199 deduction engagements, and other federal credit incentive service offerings.
- Leveraging your extensive technical skills developed through your growing reputation in a given industry / service offering to solve complex issues.
- Demonstrating sound judgement and instincts with respect to evaluating complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
- Developing, mentoring, and motivating Senior Consultants and Consultants, providing counseling and career guidance.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
The NFTS Research & Development and Government Incentives (RDGI) tax team is a national team of specialists dedicated to providing comprehensive tax credit and incentive services, including the research and development credit, the domestic production activities deduction, and other federal credits such as the new market tax credit. These benefits are offered for activities conducted in the United States, as well as research performed in over 30 other countries that offer research incentives. The R&D credit is one of the most significant of the remaining U.S. domestic tax credits.
- 5+ years' experience in core federal tax compliance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field
- Proven knowledge of R&D tax incentives experience and/or experience with Section 199
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated effective research, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Ability to participate in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, LLM, or JD
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17MGRTCHIFS005-NFT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top