QA Tester- Senior Solution Specialist
Systems Integration - Testing - Senior Solution Specialist - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting and independently completing project tasks
- Identifies key drivers of a defined, straightforward problem and proposing solutions
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and decision making
- Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
- Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
- Manages work to work plans for components on engagements
- May independently own a work stream, reviewing, and potentially directing the work of more junior staff
- Develops solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts
- Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel. Not only will candidates be joining a project team, they will be joining a team of resources dedicated to delivering client engagements from an off-site location focused on common tools, technologies, and methodologies.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
- 6+ years of relevant experience (8+ years overall experience preferred)
- MUST HAVE strong Industry insight with at least one of the areas noted below:
- Healthcare & Life sciences (i.e. health plans)
- Health & Human Services (Integrated Eligibility or Child Support or Child Welfare)
- Health Information Exchange (i.e. Affordable Care Act)
- Strong end-to-end knowledge of SDLC (software development lifecycle) and STLC (software testing lifecycle), either in waterfall or agile methodology
- Thorough knowledge of Defect life cycle
- Experience with creating testing strategy, testing approach, test plan and test work plan
- Experience coordinating testing and test artifacts across all areas involved, and across all phases of testing (SIT, UAT, End-to-End, Performance)
- Ability to identify and manage testing risks, issues, mitigation and contingencies
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral and client management
- Ability to analyze results against functional design and expected results
- Deep functional knowledge of at least one or more modules of health plans such as provider, billing, enrolment, etc. and be able to guide a team through test management effort or hold independent client discussion associated with these modules
- Experience managing defect creation, tracking, prioritization and coordinate resolution with multiple development teams and functional leads
- Solid understanding of Accessibility Testing or Multi-Browser-based Testing or mobile-devices based Testing
- Familiarity in implementing Test Automation with leading industry automation tools such as UFT, Selenium or Microsoft Test Manager (MTM)
- Understanding of performance load testing and knowledge of leading industry performance load test tools such as Load Runner
- Experience with facilitating user acceptance testing
- Effective in leading large testing teams (20+ team size) as well as an individual contributor
- Ability to coordinate test data to provide tracking of the test data at program level and ability to track and manage all open test data requests to ensure that the test data requests are fulfilled timely
- Strong analytical and problem solving & leadership skills
- Proficiency in at least one test case management and one defect management tool
- Ability to generate statistical data and reports
- Ability to assign work to team members
- Ability to track progress of team
- Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities / multiple deliverables
- Advanced understanding of interpreting business requirements
- Good knowledge on testing Methodologies
- Proficiency in window based & web based testing
- Good understanding of project management including risk management techniques
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in trouble-shooting and problem-solving
- Strong understanding of software development principles
Additional Candidate Requirements
- Must be willing to live and work in the Mechanicsburg, PA area
- Should have at least 3 years of experience in test estimation, test planning, test scenario design, execution, monitoring & reporting
- Should have deep experience and ability to work independently with little to no daily supervision as well as ability to lead and provide overall testing guidance to a team to 7+ SIT/UAT teams
- Qualified applicants will have experience in using various testing methodologies and tools. In addition, they should have experience translating project requirements to test requirements, writing test cases, scripts, identifying or creating test data and executing test cases.
- Should know how to record results in a system logging and tracking defects in system
Requisition code: E18MECCACSJD004-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top