Pursuit Manager (Proposal Writing) - Audit/Attest Services
Pursuit Manager - Audit/Attest Services - Location Open
Do you love strategic planning, writing, and managing complex, competitive projects? Are you passionate about persuasive business writing and management for new business opportunities? Then we're looking for talent like you to join our Pursuit Management team!
Work you'll do
As a pursuit manager, you'll use your skills and experience to:
- Develop strategies for new business pursuits and retention opportunities, applying targeting/sales principles to identify win themes, create compelling messages, brainstorm solutions to challenges, and identify benefits for clients.
- Transform strategic thinking into persuasive deliverables that differentiate Deloitte, such as proposals and oral presentations.
- Manage the pursuit process, from orchestrating development of deliverables to coordinating our teams' pursuit activities.
- Write persuasively, including executive summaries and other critical components of deliverables, interpreting information from research profiles, meetings with proposal team members, client meetings, and understanding of the business and Deloitte's offerings.
- Contribute to developing Deloitte's pursuit team, including collaborating with other pursuit team members, continuously refining and improving pursuit strategies, and acting as a project-by-project liaison between our team and the broader firm.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, humanities, or related disciplines, with advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant experience in business-to-business communications and/or strategic marketing communications directed to Fortune 500 organizations; experience in a professional services environment preferred; uniquely skilled academic communicators with Ph.D.s or ABDs will also be considered
- Excellent communicator, writer, editor, leader, and strategist
- Experience leading teams in strategic discussion
- Experience with project management for complex, multi-dimensional projects
- Experience in public speaking and presentation training/coaching and/or delivery
- Excellent relevant writing samples
- Travel of approximately 40%, or as dictated by pursuit demand
- Proposal writing experience in a Big 4 or professional services environment a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their careers identify and use their strengths. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience. From on-the-job learning to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Requisition code: E18NYCSMGRGO005-MDL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top