Pursuit Manager DGES
Deloitte Services LP is currently searching for a pursuit (proposal) manager who will work within our Sales, Marketing, and Business Development organization in support of Deloitte Growth Enterprise Services. This proposal writer will be part of Pursuit Management's DGES Nerve Center and will be responsible for leading the development of persuasive deliverables that differentiate and create a competitive advantage for our multi-functional DGES pursuit teams. Required competencies include project management, sales/marketing strategy, and outstanding writing, messaging, and overall communications skills.
Deloitte's Growth Enterprise Services' professionals are focused upon delivering a distinctive client experience through service offerings tailored to address the unique needs of companies ranging from start-ups to those with up to $1 billion in revenues. Our professionals also focus on the unique needs of private companies.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage specific pursuit-related projects as assigned by Nerve Center leader, including - but not limited to - proposals and presentation deliverables. Collaborate with client service professionals, graphic design team, regional pursuit management and DGES marketing professionals, and fellow DGES nerve center proposal consultants to ensure on-time completion and a high level of quality for all deliverables
- Assume ownership for the development of focused proposal language relating to client's expectations and our organization's differentiators/competitive advantages.
- Develop and write persuasive messages based on information provided from research profiles, meetings with proposal team members, direct meetings with client staff and management, and knowledge of organization offerings. Collaborate with graphic design team to develop visual themes that support key messages and appropriately address target audience.
- Provide guidance to client service team members on response requirements and proposal development strategies.
- Encourage interaction among core proposal team members and recommend the involvement of additional professionals with specific private company, technical, or industry expertise to provide a well-rounded solution to address the client's need, as appropriate.
- Contribute final deliverables to leading practice repository and aid in the development of new content as appropriate
- Debrief teams on completed pursuits to capture competitive intelligence and leading practices
- 6-10 years of proposal writing experience in a corporate environment - accounting or tax firm preferred; experience with private company and/or small-to-mid cap client proposals a plus
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related discipline
- Exceptional project management and people management skills
- Outstanding ability to work with people at all levels, including senior executives; team player
- Ability to work in a demanding, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to support clients virtually, aided by technology such as teleconferencing and webconferencing
- Must be able to work with grace and efficiency under pressure
- Attention to detail and great follow-up skills essential
- Ability to analyze data and make sound observations and recommendations quickly
- Experience in public speaking or delivering oral presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint a must
- Demonstrated initiative, follow-through, and problem-solving ability
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRGO012-CL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top