Public Sector Senior Manager
Government touches the lives of millions of people every day, including every one of us. But our personal and professional interactions with the government aren’t always digital and they don’t always match the experience we’re used to in our daily lives. We think they should. That’s why Deloitte Digital is helping government agencies and departments infuse new ideas, interaction models, and technologies into their programs and service delivery processes. We deliver cloud-based digital solutions that are mobile to enable seamless, digital, mobile, and multi-channel experiences that meet the expectations and demands of constituents today and into the future.
Work You’ll Do
- Client Management: Build executive client relationships and manage day-to-day interactions while focusing on risk and quality.
- Delivery: Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision-makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
State & Local Government – govCONNECT
At Deloitte Digital, we don’t just deliver – we change the game. That means evolving with the market and anticipating emerging needs with new market offerings that drive disruption. govCONNECT is one of our newest such offerings, where we’re digitizing government services like licensing and permitting and citizen portals. We’re bringing our passion, experience, and full suite of creative and technical capabilities to our public sector clients to reimagine the future of government-constituent interaction.
Public Sector Practice
Deloitte Consulting LLP is in the business of enabling governments to deliver extraordinary advantages to citizens through unprecedented efficiency, accountability, and responsiveness. Our mission is simple – to help governments serve the 21st century citizen. As an organization with deep commercial industry knowledge, Deloitte Consulting’s Public Sector Practice is a source of leading practices in Strategy, Financial Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Technology Integration, and Human Capital. Our government clients turn to us for better insights into leading strategies and to tap into our network of prominent teams across our industry programs. Deloitte Consulting has the people, the experience and the resources to meet the needs of our clients.
- 10+ years of Consulting or Public Sector experience.
- Experience managing at least three large-scale full-lifecycle implementations.
- Experience carrying a business development quota and leading sales pursuit end-to-end.
- Ability to travel to client sites 50-80% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other).
- Business expertise in licensing and permitting regardless of technology.
- Experience delivering projects in licensing & permitting using cloud based solutions.
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical).
- Passion and commitment to make new markets.
Deloitte Digital Accolades
Some of our major achievements are:
- Deloitte named a Leader in CRM and Customer Experience Implementation Services by Gartner for the 4th consecutive year in their report entitled Magic Quadrant for CRM and Customer Experience Implementation Services, Worldwide 2015.
- Deloitte Digital named a global leader in Digital Customer Strategy & Experience Consulting by Kennedy in 2015.
- Deloitte named a global leader in Internet of Things IT Consulting by Kennedy in 2015.
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte Digital, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to sharpen skills and work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients. Explore Deloitte University. The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can’t be fun? At Deloitte Digital, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can’t quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about life at Deloitte Digital.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17EASCSRMKG011 – DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top