Public Sector, Integrated Eligibility Technology - Senior Consultant
Systems Integration: Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment. Deloitte's SI Capability maintains a strong focus on structuring, managing, and implementing complex technical solutions requiring deep business expertise, process optimization, and business operations knowledge to achieve significant and measurable business value
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
State Government- Integrated Eligibility (IE)
For over 40 years, Deloitte has helped federal agencies and 22 U.S. states implement and manage the complex health and human service programs that promote the health, safety and wellbeing of its citizens. We are a proven partner in integrated eligibility and service delivery; and bring technology, business and project management experience to our clients' challenges. Our practitioners are dedicated to working with public sector clients and bring a broad range of experience and skills to our clients' challenges.
Functional and Test Practice:
The Functional and Test Practice focuses on facilitating/eliciting the definition of requirements, use cases, supporting business processes, and functional specifications along with validation and testing services for our clients. We bring together strong process expertise, proven methodology, tools, deep industry knowledge, and extensive insight to our client's business operations and systems to provide high quality results across strategic advisory and delivery services.
Essential attributes of a functionally focused Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Consultant at Deloitte works within an engagement team and is responsible for identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
Senior Consultants in the Functional and Test practice are required to have:
- 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability Tools such as HP Quality Center and IBM RequisitePro and IBM Rational Requirements Composer
- 3+ years of experience with Prototyping tools such as iRise and Business Process Modeling tools such as ARIS
- 2 + years of experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) for business modeling (work flows) and object modeling
- 3+ years of experience with Agile, Scrum, Waterfall or RUP Methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in translating requirements into optimized designs, and identifying design alternatives and implications on functionality, effort, performance and operations
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Have obtained one of the following formal qualifications:
- Certified Associate Business Analyst (CABA) or Certified Software Business Analyst (CSBA) from the International Standard of Definition for Professional Status in IT Software Quality
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Certificate in Requirements Engineering or Business Analysis from the Information Systems Exam Board (ISEB)
- Experience conducting interviews with key stakeholders to understand and document the current business process
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design sessions
- Experience defining future state business process
- Exposure to one or more of the following methodologies: CMM, CMMI, Six Sigma, PMBOK
- Exposure to TOGAF (or other architecture framework)
- Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
Requisition code: E18WESCSRCBB201-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top