Public Sector - Financial Advisory Director (Melbourne)
We are redefining the way professional services are experienced for our clients and our people.
At Deloitte we differentiate through innovation, delivering on our promises and collaborating through our borderless global network. In this role, you'll be joining a team of innovative and passionate thinkers to create solutions that meet our clients' challenges.
About our team
The Financial Advisory team combines expertise in finance strategy, financial and commercial risk management and financial, organisational and operational restructure.
Due to significant growth in our government advisory practice working on some of the most significant projects in Victoria and Australia we are looking to attract the next wave of advisors and leaders to Deloitte to drive service delivery and future growth.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Director to join our growing Public Sector advisory team in Melbourne. The team works with government departments and agencies helping them make complex financial and commercial decisions related to policy and funding reform and service design and performance improvement.
We are often engaged at times where there is pressure on existing funding and services and government is looking to assess options and evaluate alternative courses of action. You will be responsible for leading teams of professionals able to serve the diverse needs of our public sector clients around;
- Strategic financial advice
- Financial management & control
- Financial analysis & financial modelling
- Business case development & evaluation
- Financial capacity, viability & sustainability assessment
- Restructuring (service contestability & transmission of business)
- Commercial advice (contract negotiation, procurement & management)
- Funding options analysis and structuring
In this role you will be challenged around;
- Leading a team of staff and playing an active role in their career development
- Delivering on challenging and meaningful engagements across the Public Sector
- Play an active role in business development
- Stakeholder management & negotiation
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate Big 4 or Tier 1 Consulting firm experience or exposure to either corporate or public sector on matters of financial performance, financial management and service delivery improvement. Alternatively you will have direct experience working in the Public Sector with a track record delivering high value projects with clear impacts and outcomes.
As a successful Director in our team you will be able to demonstrate;
- Solid deep financial analysis experience
- Ability to analyse issues from a financial, service and policy perspective
- A talent in balancing multiple engagements and responsibilities while providing exceptional client service
- You have the capacity to mobilise and lead teams of experts with diverse skill sets
- Skilled in building internal and external relationships
- Experience working with government departments such as Health, Human Services or Education would be an advantage
About Us: Deloitte Culture
We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you'll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, you can contact Juliette Jamoneau on 02 8260 4149.
Requisition code: AUEXP133134
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top