Public Relations Leader
Are you a team player and creative thinker with superlative writing and public relations skills? Do you have proven project and people management skills? Do you have a strategic and executional mindset that can deliver high-value communications results that drive business objectives? We need polished, entrepreneurial and passionate professionals to play in this world.
Work you'll do
The Public Relations Senior Manager reports to the Communications Leader of Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory and collaborates with senior leadership to drive the overall Public Relations objectives and programs designed to strategically position the firm in the marketplace.
- Lead a team of public relations professionals and oversee agency teams.
- Enhance and cultivate relationships with key media.
- Drive eminence and overall media coverage for Risk and Financial Advisory.
- Oversee the CEO's external eminence platform. Draft speaking points for media interviews, draft bylined articles and op-eds, prepare external presentations, and secure media opportunities among the top tier business press.
- Act as top advisor and provide strategic counsel to senior leadership. Prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements.
- Develop original articles targeted to C-suite executives for the Deloitte Module in Risk & Compliance Journal, published by The Wall Street Journal, under the guidance of the Deloitte Editor of Risk & Compliance Journal.
- Distill white papers into brief articles to make them relevant and quickly readable by busy executives through keeping pace with business developments impacting C-suite executives, boards of directors and other stakeholders.
- Research, plan, conduct and draft interviews of external C-suite and other senior executives from the Fortune 1000 on a wide range of complex business issues facing them and their organizations.
- Prepare leaders to represent the firm in a positive manner and manage the media in the event of a Public Relations crisis.
Deloitte's Communications team provides value to the U.S. Firms by delivering innovative communications strategies and approaches for internal and external audiences. We build and protect our brand, and help our leaders influence positive behaviors, drive change, reinforce successes, and promote a strong sense of community through coordinated, consistent messaging. From concept to execution, we help our leaders reach their audience and achieve a consistent standard of excellence using proven communication methodologies.
- Public Relations and writing experience covering risk management, cyber, technology, finance and valuation, compliance matters, and leadership topics for business publications.
- Significant experience interviewing C-suite executives and other senior leadership.
- Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services
- Ability to successfully engage and lead public relations team, providing effective guidance, coaching and capability development, maintaining close understanding of all team activities, ensuring high quality for all activities/deliverables, and implementing course corrections when needed
- Ability to write solid, engaging articles on short notice covering a wide range of topics targeted to the C-suite and boards of directors
- Ability to juggle multiple editorial assignments at any given time and be flexible to changes in assignments, priorities and deadlines.
- Possess a high degree of professionalism, business acumen, journalistic integrity, understanding of professional services and Deloitte rules and standards, and commitment to quality
- A strong network of contacts with top-tier business press
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering sensitive, crisis and executive communications requests in a large-scale corporate environment preferred
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies and approaches
- Willingness to travel with the CEO and his team approximately 50% of each week, sometimes on short notice
- Proficiency with digital publishing tools, e.g., WordPress, social and digital media, and audio/visual mediums
- SharePoint 2010 or 2013 site management experience strongly preferred. Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs
- 15+ years of public relations and writing experience on complex risk, financial and business topics for the business press required
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism is required; Advanced degree preferred
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRJK075-CL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top