Project Delivery Senior Analyst – Model Driven Development
Strategy & Operations – Project Delivery Senior Analyst –Model Driven Development
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidlychanging Banking & Securities environment? Do you appreciate working onmulti-disciplinary teams, problem solving and strategizing? Do you see yourselfin the forefront of delivering a customized approach for improving the abilityto decompose complex decision logic into component logic and rules, conductsimulation and testing in a design environment, and generate code directly fromthe design environment promising to grossly reduce the effort and riskassociated with requirements and testing. If so, consider anopportunity as a Project Based Delivery Specialist.
Model DrivenDevelopment – MDD
As the rate of technology innovation accelerates,firms find themselves spoiled for choice in terms of the opportunities fortransformation. However, they also findthemselves rate limited by the speed, cost and risk of change initiatives andthe immense difficulty in migrating from legacy environments to new. As the scale and complexity of transformationambitions increase, the challenges associated with requirements and testingespecially become a major rate limiter to transformation progress –productivity of software development depends on hours spent on programming, yetas much as 80% of the effort associated with software development can go torequirements and testing.
While there are many paths to improving thissituation, model driven development (MDD) offers the greatest promise. Specifically, the advent of new tools forBusiness Decision Management (BDM) promise to disrupt software development forrules-based systems in the same way that Computer Aided Design (CAD) hasdisrupted manufacturing and construction. BDM used with other MDD tools (BPM, Analytics Design, and VisualizationDesign) promises an even richer set of possibilities.
Large firms are vulnerable to these challenges as theindustry endures a commoditization cycle and sits at the intersection ofcollapsing margins, relentless regulatory and risk pressures and potentiallydisruptive threats from FinTech. Assuch, finding a way to drastically reduce the cost and risk of change andimprove agility has become an imperative for the industry. The Strategy & Operations Area recognizesLower Cost of Change and MDD as a key lever for strategic OperationsTransformation.
As the demand for MDD grows, the Strategy &Operation Area is responding by developing a new service offering to addressthe demand. This offering will requirepractitioners who are skilled in MDD, specifically decision logic, process,analytics and visualization modeling using industry standard methods andtools. Initially the new service areawill focus on staffing MDD client projects, but over time, the focus willinclude harvesting modeling done on projects to build showcases on Deloittepremises and promote reuse of the models as accelerators across projects. Ultimately, it is envisioned that MDD can beused for Client Proof of Concept work and even building MDD based managedservices.
Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
As a ProjectDeliver Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for working with Operations& Industrialization leadership to support delivery of our MDD ServiceOffering. Typical responsibilitiesinclude:
- Work with function teams to resolve client issues specific to configuration/system changes while following the business for Model Driven Development (MDD)
- Work closely collaborating with client delivery/project teams on designing the modeling, validating, testing and deploying the decision logic/model
- Develop documentation highlighting potential technical challenges, while also consulting on potential technical solutions
- Possess exceptional analytical, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Work with internal and external teams to meet deliverables in accordance with clients' timelines
You will work with Deloitte consultants to design,develop and build solutions to helpclients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entireindustries. We employ a multitude ofspecialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to processimprovement and program operations experts, to cyber risk and human capitalprofessionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfiguredsolutions and methodologies. We are a unique blend of skills andexperiences, yet we recognize the value of each individual, providingcustomized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with afocus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative teamculture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Science, Engineering or Technology
- 4-8 years of experience in business process modeling, preferably in conceptual & logical data modeling, simulation and testing
- Experience with decision management modeling & execution software such as Signavio or Sapiens
- Delivery experience with SDLC – Software Development Life Cycle and requirements gathering
- Ability to produce high quality documentation and business process models, as a result of the discovery and evaluation process.
- Ability to find efficiencies and improvements to the business process
- Must be willing to work in or travel to Parsippany NJ
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with project teams to deliver task assignments on or before deadlines
- Ability to build relationships between IT and the business partners by building trust and creating a credible partnership
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- 2-3 years of consulting experience
- Business analysis and requirements experience preferred
- Experience delivering projects using Agile preferred
- Banking and securities domain knowledge preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional developmentplan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify anduse their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employeesto senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offeropportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in theglobal, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, ourprofessionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughouttheir career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a greatorganization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range ofbenefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages ourpeople to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizingtheir uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices thatcan help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offerwell-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain aculture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact thatmatters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with ourclients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. Wefocus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to helpdrive positive social impact in our communities. Learn moreabout Deloitte's impact on the world.
Wewant job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared andconfident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do yourresearch: know some background about the organization and the business areayou're applying to. Check outrecruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18PARCACSAZ015-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top