Program Management - Senior Manager
Program Management - Senior Manager
Are you a talented professional that focuses on the planning, execution, and monitoring of project initiatives? Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? As a Project Management/Functional Senior Manager, you help clients set-up, manage, and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems.
Work you'll do
As a leader in our Project Management and Functional team, you manage work threads across one or more engagement teams to create software solutions that help our clients solve problems, expand market share, improve operations, and grow their business.
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Senior Managers are required to have:
- 10+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience managing and delivering systems related to custom software development
- 8+ years planning and managing project initiatives in a Project Management Office or similar team environment
- 4+ years EPMO (Enterprise Program Management Office) experience with global clients
- 8+ years leading teams responsible for requirements definition, requirements management, and requirements validation
- 8+ years leading teams responsible for the design and definition of technology solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management, requirements management, and system design tools
- 5+ years of experience in a focus industry (healthcare, financial services, state and local government, insurance, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in being a thought-leader to the CIO or other senior IT/Business Leaders
- A willingness to travel 80-100% of the time nationally
In addition, successful Senior Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Experience of leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to cloud platform
- Experience or passion for leading testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience leading teams in a collaborative environment
- Experience with industry standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Ability to work independently and plan and manage multiple assignments across multiple projects or work streams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- An advanced degree in an area of specialization
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRMAT405-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top