Product Owner – Manager
You've proven yourself as a leader and premiere Product Manager with the expertise and credentials to back it up. Now it's time to step to the next level—to lead a dynamic, national team with clients at the top of their respective industries. Our team works on the cutting edge, building and delivering the next generation tax applications and services to clients. We're looking for the very best who thrive on what's possible.
What you'll do
As a Manager on our STAC team, you will work with business stakeholders and Deloitte Tax leadership to design and deploy initiatives to our tax practice and clients; take the lead in managing a portfolio of specialized tax applications to be used widely throughout the practice; develop relationships with clients, business teams, tax technical experts, and technology groups; and identify technology development opportunities. Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform comprehensive assessments of technology industry trends and business requirements to develop technology roadmaps for products and the broader practice-area; and ensure product alignment with larger Tax Technology strategic priorities.
- Be a trusted technology advisor to our clients while managing expectations throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC); and maintain appropriate business engagement in requirements gathering, writing, and application.
- Maintain high levels of support for applications in our portfolio, proactively identify risk, serve as a point-of-contact for practice sponsors as issues arise, and team with support personnel to modify existing procedures as needed.
- Cross-coordinate and regularly communicate with other Product Owners to facilitate cross-team collaboration, and standardize user experience across all tools and application modules.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on technology solutions over their entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), and manage the success and evolution of tools in the marketplace.
- Provide staff career coaching, formal and informal performance reviews; and ensure top performers are challenged and recognized and development needs are identified and addressed.
Deloitte Tax LLP's National Chief Technology & Process Office (CTPO) is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of technology, tools, and standard processes to support the delivery of Tax services. The CTPO team is focused on enhancing Deloitte Tax LLP's ability to deliver comprehensive, value-added, and efficient Tax services to our clients. It is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds from tax technical, technology development, change management, Six Sigma, and project management. The team consults and executes on a wide range of initiatives involving process and tool development and implementation including training development, engagement management, tool design, and implementation.
Our Strategic Tax Application Center (STAC) within CTPO is greatly expanding as a result of the success we have had delivering technology-enabled tax products and services to our clients. STAC focuses on building the next generation tax platform and suite of tax modules to deliver premiere tax service offerings and technology solutions to our tax practitioners and clients. There is a growing demand from our clients, and within our tax platform, for greater levels of functionality and scalability around data management, analytics, and reporting. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a cutting-edge and innovative environment within the larger Deloitte Tax organization.
- 5+ years' experience as a business analyst, program manager, product owner, or product manager
- 2+ years' experience working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, computer science, finance, information science, business management, or related field
- Advanced leadership and management skills including conflict resolution and outstanding negotiation skills
- Strong client-service background with excellent interpersonal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills; and the ability to cast a wide influence including outside of immediate line of reporting
- Ability to easily grasp and communicate complex ideas and synthesize clear business requirements from customer inputs, effectively prioritizing requirements and making informed project tradeoffs, and map business requirements to appropriate functional/technical requirements
- Deep understanding of the professional services delivery process and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience managing scope and expectations of large technology projects including resources (onsite and offshore), budgets, schedules, reporting, milestones, and deadlines; developing high-level financial documents on potential technology solutions; and presenting cost/benefit and strategic analysis to leadership—able to do this on multiple projects concurrently
- Available to travel up to 30%
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- A relevant advanced degree
- Tax industry experience
- Prior Big 4 experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18CHITMGRJD019-CPT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top