Product Manager - Cloud Services
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
CTO create and deliver services to Deloitte and its Global network of member firms. We are currently transitioning our services to a cloud delivery model and need a senior product manager within the CTO organization to engage with consumers, leadership, Business Stakeholders, IT Stakeholders, Operations and Architects, to define the roadmap for delivery of Cloud Services to GTS, STS and our member firms.
The role requires knowledge of the latest technology, especially around cloud and cloud hosting. Uses a deep understanding of business valuation, process and strategy delivery to ensure that the value defined at inception is delivered and engages with Operations and Service Management to ensure any transformation strategies are optimized for value delivery.
Other key elements of the job include:
- Creation of roadmaps that detail feature releases and their alignment to consumer and strategic priorities
- Understand services strategic and competitive position and work to improve it.
- Continual research and awareness of the external cloud services market
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with business leaders, IT business representatives and service customers to ensure an understanding of requirements and their alignment to future strategic direction of the business/functions. Elicits, documents and manages requirements to ensure that cloud services meet business needs of their customers
- Responsible for service development and the complete service life cycle including market research, service definition, business case development, and customer requirement solutions for Service Operations worldwide.
- Collaborates with Architects from all domains to understand the impact of current and future architecture on services and the service roadmap
- Identifies business drivers and anticipates future business and technology requirements
- Collaborates with project management office (PMO), service delivery and engineering resources to provision estimates, develop the overall business case and guide project on boarding and management to ensure the delivery of the service implementation plan and roadmap
- Lead the ideation, oversee execution work with a strong team of design and engineering staff, to launch innovative features and initiatives to drive the services growth and engagement.
- Works with PMO to manage the progress of projects by tracking activity, resolving issues, and recommending actions; Provides senior management with regular updates on deliverable timeline and product roadmap.
- Acts as the voice of the customer within CTO. Conduct Customer Journey Mapping sessions to gain insights into consumer needs and in response prioritizes components into the product roadmap
- Champions and acts as a conduit for innovation from functions and business units
- Responds proactively to both business and project issues and escalates appropriately.
- Tracks progress and measures product impact to drive successful business outcomes
- Responsible for ongoing management of our cloud computing service provider partnerships necessary for the development and implementation of successful delivery within cloud categories.
Proven leadership in the design, delivery and operational management of high quality, cloud services;
- Practical experience of user centred design and user needs analysis;
- Proven ability to challenge and remove any unnecessary barriers to product delivery;
- A demonstrable understanding of the cloud services landscape
- Proven experience of identifying opportunities for service improvement and innovation offered by cloud technologies
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders, prioritising and managing business expectations and requirements
- Experience identifying products that are valuable, usable and feasible.
A deep understanding of the business, an ability to set vision for products, and then passionately sell this vision to customers. Create actionable plans to define the roadmap of incremental improvements and feature additions to the service and then managing issues and risks to ensure that these are delivered on time.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
Strong understanding or certification in one or more of the following:
Business Analysis / Continuous Improvement qualifications such as IIBA or Six Sigma
Experience working with Agile development processes
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent education
Product management or design experience.
Requisition code: DE18USAGTS006LN0197
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top