Power Builder Windows Application Developer
PowerBuilder Application Developer
Are you an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solvingcomplex IT issues for diverse clients around the world? Deloitte is looking forqualified individuals for an exciting Public Sector opportunity in Little Rock,AR. The team will be responsible for managing, maintaining, operating andenhancing a large application portfolio that assists the agency in conductingdaily business and IT operations, serving the citizens of the State that areinteracting with the Public Assistance programs.
- SupportImplementation and Operations Management best practices while taking ownershipof tasks and/or project workstreams and guiding more junior professionals
- Support and/or lead workstreams on engagements related, but not limited, to Systems Implementation, Operations & Maintenance, and Software Application Development & Maintenance
- Contribute to deliverables and review the work of others for quality and accuracy
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client environment and overall project scope
- Responsible for hands-on web development for a critical government client using Windows development technologies such as PowerBuilder Classic, PowerBuilder.NET, WPF, Windows API, and other Visual Development Technologies
- Conduct proper Unit Testing and Peer Reviews for development team peers
- Translate requirements and technical designs into end-user software
- The Team:
In today's businessworld, the cost and complexity of information technology is higher than ever.Many organizations find themselves with a complex digital environment that isdifficult to manage and costly to maintain. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, we workwith clients to make sense of these challenges, driving application performanceand achieving better business results. Providing a full range of industryleading services, including digital, systems integration and resource planning,we enable clients to fine tune Application Management Services to their IT andbusiness objectives. Learn more about ourApplication Management Services practice.
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage small engagements or work streams and multipleteam members with confidence
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experienceexercising mature judgement
- StrongExperience in both Visual and Non-Visual Windows-based Development usingPowerBuilder development suite
- StrongExperience developing code-behind using embedded SQL, PowerScript, storedprocedures, and other development technologies.
- Expertisein Back-End Development (SQL, REST, WCF, & WPF)
- Experiencedeveloping in the PowerBuilder Enterprise development environment, ALM usingMicrosoft TFS and other PowerBuilder compatible source code control systems
- MicrosoftSQL Server 2008 R3, 2012 and above database development required (T-SQL)Or
- acle11G and above database development required (PL/SQL)
- IBMDB2 database development required
- ObjectOriented full lifecycle software design and development
- Development experience in Windows-based application technologies including Microsoft VB.NET, C#.NET
- Experience writing end-user reports with Microsoft SSRS, SAAS, and other Business Intelligence platforms
- Windows services development in C#.NET
- COBOL experience a plus but not required
AtDeloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at everylevel of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best workevery day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there'salways room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in additionto hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. Fromon-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, ourprofessionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughouttheir career.
AtDeloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value ourpeople and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte canmean for you.
Ourpositive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best workevery day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness andoffering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them tobe healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs andare continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our peopleexcel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitteis led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines whowe are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and ourcommunities. We believe that business has the power to inspire andtransform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, andleadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more aboutDeloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feelprepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you doyour research: know some background about the organization and the business areayou're applying to. Check out recruitingtips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ARKCASCTK513-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top