Platform Support Developer (Studio Staff)
Platform Support Developer (Studio Staff)
Understanding the digital space and preparing for what's next is at our core. We help clients reimagine how profits are made, how relationships are created and managed; we reshape how work gets done, and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries.
Work you'll do
As a valued member of our team, this position will focus on monitoring and maintaining marketing databases that provide intelligent, real-time decision support for our customers. The Platform Support Developer is responsible for developing, testing, and delivering quality database code as it relates to supporting change management requests within the platform. They will be directly involved in the execution of strategic data related projects, resolution of production issues, support and maintenance of the overall database platform.
- Create conceptual, logical, and physical database models to support project requirements
- Perform extensive analysis of database entities, relationships, and attributes
- Identify, analyze, and optimize existing queries to speed up performance
- Develop stored procedures, views, and functions to satisfy project requests
- Participate in strategic design sessions for assigned projects
- Perform quality control at various project stages to ensure data and reporting accuracy
- Maintain and support advanced ETL processes
- Monitor and maintain database health
- Be responsive and flexible with ad-hoc requests
At Deloitte Digital we work with some of the world's largest brands. Our cross-discipline teams put our creative and technology chops to the test. Studio-based teams complement our road warriors to deliver engaging new solutions for our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Digital. This role is studio based out of our Greensboro, NC studio.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 4+ years of experience writing complex stored procedures with Microsoft SQL Server
- 2+ years of experience with analysis and performance optimization of data structures, SQL, and stored procedures
- In depth understanding of relational database design and ETL processing
- Maintains a strong knowledge base of new applications, techniques, and skills
- Excellent at communicating with technical and non-technical team members
- Analytical thinking with good trouble shooting skills
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
How you'll grow
At Deloitte Digital, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can't be fun? At Deloitte Digital, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can't quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about life at Deloitte Digital.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18EASCSSTKC125-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top