Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Location: Hermitage, TN.
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
The Senior Performance Specialist is highly motivated self-driven, software performance evangelist who is capable of identifying and addressing key performance challenges across various products across multiple business channels. This position provides opportunity to work with team made up of Performance Engineers, Software Engineers, Software Architects, and the Product Owner team to lead the design, development, and delivery of high quality performance software.
Work you'll do
As a "Senior Performance Specialist", you will be expected to be a highly collaborative and analytical who will work in a in a fast paced, challenging, and creative environment. You are expected to bring software performance knowledge and experience to the development teams. The Senior Specialist Performance Engineer works closely with the product owner and development teams to provide guidelines for a performance driven architectural planning, design and development process.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance on the performance impact due to the design decisions made during the product architecture and design phase
- Scalability assessment of architecture for a product or group of products
- Contributes to Non-functional requirement elicitation, the creation of Performance Strategy document and PE estimates
- Work with the Product owner, Architects, Software engineers to ensure compliance of the developed solution to the defined SLA
- Lead the Performance engineers to become experts in performance testing, analysis, benchmarking and tuning.
- Participate in code reviews, code profiling , debugging and infrastructure statistics analysis to achieve Root Cause Analysis ( RCA) of performance issues
- Accountable for managing all PE activities and sign-off
- Participate in the proof of concept / performance benchmarking for new products/solutions for better decision making for product development
- Strong technical skills (programming, designing, systems development methodology, Performance Engineering Methodology)
- Solid knowledge in application development life cycle, including requirements definition, system design and Performance testing / QA and transition to production
- Very strong understanding of OOD, software design patterns and principles
- Very strong Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the principles used in eliciting and analyzing Non-functional business requirements; Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the performance requirements and leverages that knowledge to conduct associated activities
- Contributes to and is consulted during scalability architectural assessment activities during the architecture/Design phase of the SDLC by applying select architectural techniques
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of database design concepts to support data quality, validity of test data and recommend best practices of DB design
- Contributes to analysis of the infrastructure gaps between various test environments vs. production infrastructure to report huge discrepancies and recommend best practices
- Review performance targets & design the workload model needed for tests.
- Validate correctness, completeness, repeatability of test executions.
- Review source code in detail towards accomplishment of performance targets.
- Review results on resource utilizations & deviations from targets
- Review the results & identify any evident issues/bottlenecks
- Experience with profiling tools like VSTS profiler, Ants Profiler, SQL profiler etc.
- Experience with debugging/tuning tools like Windbg, SSMS Execution plan analyzer, DB tuning advisor etc.
- SME in Performance Engineering for Mobile applications
- Experience with Infrastructure capacity planning and assessment
- Plan & monitor the tests ensuring adequate resource allocation & appropriate configuration.
- Expert knowledge of software architectures and platforms to enable performance review.
- Evaluate POCs to validate performance levels.
- Participates in product onboarding to understand PE scope for a product
- Counsels performance testers and engineers with varied experience levels and leads them on projects to ensure End to End PE process compliance
- This resource is viewed as a "team player & leader", who understands the culture and how to be effective in it.
- Manage cross-functional relationships across a project
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation:
- As an SME should be mentoring or training team members on deeper understanding of tools and technology on his/her core area of expertise (Microsoft .Net /Sharepoint, SQL server, Infrastructure etc.)
- Actively participate in continuous improvement by contributing suggested practices, lessons learned, etc.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- 5+ years performance testing experience using HP Suite (Script generation, Execution, Analysis and Reporting)
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
- Skill set: HP Suite (Load Runner, VUGen, Performance Center, ALM & Site Scope) and VSTS
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18HERSMGRJD084-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top