Peoplesoft Senior Solution Engineer/Database Administrator
Senior Peoplesoft ConsultantBackground
Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems. The organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP ("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax services, financial advisory services, and risk management capabilities. Clients depend on us for straightforward advice and results that create value.
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major packaged applications and technologies – PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Siebel, middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte.
As a dynamic and leading edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills.
The Solutions Network, PeopleSoft Senior Solution Specialist will be responsible for providing technical assistance for Oracle PeopleSoft applications and technology products supported by the Solutions Network. It is required for this position to be located in Lake Mary, Florida. This will also be part of the larger SNET Oracle team which includes Philadelphia - PA, Costa Mesa - CA, Hyderabad - India and Bangalore - India. This position will be focused on supporting the client engagements requiring PeopleSoft Administration, and also to support the applications and database needs for developing go to market solutions. Supported systems will span all flavors of Windows, UNIX, and Linux. In addition to hands-on technical work this position will require providing assistance to project teams with architecture design, upgrades, performance tuning, systems stabilization, documentation development and the creation of client deliverables.
This position may require up to 25% travel. US citizenship / Green Card status is preferred.
- Six 6+ years' experience installing, configuring, administering, tuning, and troubleshooting PeopleSoft applications on Linux, UNIX and Windows environments.
- Experience and in depth knowledge of application administration and strong DBA background.
- Hands-on experience on application security configuration, such as data encryption, SSL and Single Sign-on.
- Prior PeopleSoft application upgrade experience is a plus
- Strong database administration, Performance tuning, and Backup and Recovery skills in Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c.
- Understanding of Oracle's current product line; RDBMS, Middleware, Application suite of products.
- Knowledge of Oracle Applications Solutions offering products and their integration with PeopleSoft a plus (FSCM, HCM, Campus Solutions etc.).
- Exposure to Oracle Public Cloud (PaaS/IaaS) is a plus.
- Creative person who has developed innovative approaches to developing solutions.
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Prior consulting experience is a plus
- Committed to gaining exposure to multiple packages/applications while further developing your career.
- Proven skills as a team member on at least one or more full cycle implementations or upgrades
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree is required.
Ideal candidates should have experience with the below technologies:
- PeopleSoft application
- PeopleSoft applications 9.x and PeopleTools 8.5x
- Experience with support, troubleshooting and upgrades of 9.2
- PeopleSoft System Administration hosted on-premise or in public cloud
- Patching and Cloning
- Weblogic and Tuxedo Administration and Troubleshooting
- Oracle RDBMS – 9i/10g/11g/12c database
- Database Installation and Upgrades
- Understanding of data manipulation tools and languages - SQL, PL/SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of Performance Tuning
- Use of Oracle Enterprise Manager and other equivalent tools
- Backup, recovery and Knowledge of High Availability configuration
- Use of change management tool
- Unix, Linux , windows and Scripting
- Knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP) , Linux (Red Hat , OEL) and Windows Operating system
- Shell and batch script Programming skills
Requisition code: E18ORLSRCAL012-SNET
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top