Office Services Supervisor (McLean)
Job Title: Office Services Supervisor
Function: Enabling Areas/Business Services
Position Reports to: Manager, Office Services
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
The Supervisor position plays an integral role in supporting the success of the practice by providing a variety of Operational services to our internal clients in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and will be able to perform multiple tasks under deadline pressure while maintaining Deloitte's exacting standards of quality. This role primarily oversees the daily operations for the entire Office Services Team. Responsibilities include the supervision of support needs for small/satellite office locations as well. Under their supervision the role ensures support is being provided as outlined under our service agreements. This includes such items as: working with the team to ensure local and national process and procedures are followed and/or implemented, daily operations are running smoothly and in support of the needs of the office, proactively supporting customers, and working with the staff to help resolve issues quickly.
In this position, they will have responsibility for ensuring the office is fully staffed and operational by supporting our clients with daily requests around space management, meeting and conference services, department support, project coordination, conference room meeting coordination, event planning and back-up support for other team members. In addition, ensure all space is maintained and operational by overseeing facilities coordination.
Responsibilities may include but would not be limited to the following:
- Builds relationships, using various mediums, with customers in all functions at all levels, and ensure effective delivery of services
- Supports an environment of empowerment, teaming, growth, collaboration, and recognition
- Motivates, supervises, trains, mentors and develops team members
- Oversees team work assignments, schedules, and key deliverables
- Able to engage and interact with internal and external clients at all levels; communicates with a positive, "can-do" attitude and professional demeanor at all times
- Understands the importance of "managing up" and communicating issues when appropriate
- Ensures compliance with processes/procedures
- Effectively delegates assignments and projects to team and is able to manage additional tasks and special projects as required
- Addresses performance and Talent issues in a timely manner to ensure continued effectiveness/motivation of team
- Reviews reports, systems and processes for effective use
- Updates Office Services Manager as needed with updates
- Associate's degree required; bachelor's degree preferred
- Three to five years' experience in a similar role or job with similar skill sets managing a team
- Two years relevant corporate experience, preferably in hospitality within service-oriented or customer-centric environment
- Excellent technical experience including strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident, professional presence, and positive demeanor
- Professional maturity and ability to interact with all levels of professionals
- Excellent quality-conscious customer service skills
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in resolving problematic situations
- Professional agility and ability to handle multiple priorities with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Critical thinking and ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to work occasional overtime; nights and weekends
- Must be willing to be trained in all functional areas
Requisition code: E18MCLSSRCBJ002-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top