Office Services Supervisor (Las Vegas)
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Operations (including meeting and event support), Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
The "One Team" supervisor leads the tactical direction of the daily management of office services and hospitality operations across one or multiple locations under the direction of the Operations manager (One Team Manager). They ensure a proactive customer-centric operation, in compliance with local and national standards, that supports a range of services including meeting/event services, catering, general office services and support (reception, mail, printing/production, supplies, kitchens/panties management and upkeep), facilities management, security, life/safety, etc.
They supervise and lead team members in support of these service areas fostering collaboration, empowerment, growth, and recognition within the team. They collaborate with management and leadership to implement office service and hospitality programs with minimal impact to internal customers. Furthermore, they develop and regularly maintain strong organizational relationships with office customers and leadership, to deliver optimum services.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Provides daily oversight for operations, facilities and meeting/hospitality services according to established policies, procedures and service agreements
- Supervises a team supporting internal customers and external guests in execution of services. Includes: meeting services -- preparation of work stations/offices/meeting rooms, audio visual (AV), catering, set-up and tear-down, event coordination; facility management --space planning, maintenance/vendor management, maintenance/repair projects, property management, security/life safety programs; operations -- reception, mail, printing/production, supplies, kitchens/pantries and cleaning management
- Trains and develops the team to ensure proactive high-levels of customer service, responsiveness, accuracy, service quality, communication and professionalism
- Manages staff schedules and provides for coverage during unexpected staff absences
- Models customer-oriented behavior and communications; coaches and counsels the team as needed. Provides feedback on performance
- Serves as the subject matter expert for department software and AV equipment operation; provides training in the operation of related equipment and software and/or other systems
- Serves as the subject matter expert for team related to Deloitte policies, national, and local protocols
- Advises on how best to resolve logistical and/or customer-related challenges. Coordinates/negotiates with other departments/staff to develop acceptable solutions. Personally handles customer escalations, as necessary
- Analyzes systems/processes to increase efficiencies, ensure performance and customer satisfaction. Assesses results and recommends process improvements
- Generates departmental reports, to monitor workload, productivity, customer satisfaction, etc.; compiles data and provides analysis of results
- Develops communication tool(s) to update customers on changes, special events, etc. as needed
- Manages relationships with outside vendors, such as building management, maintenance workers, office, pantry and sundries suppliers, etc.
- Collaborates and trouble-shoots problems with other internal functions/service groups, all external vendors and building liaison(s) as needed in support of office equipment and facilities
- Maintains project schedules of work assigned to external vendors; monitors and tracks progress of assigned projects; follows up to obtain status report; prepares status summaries for review by the Operations Manager
- Monitors the operating costs for the office(s), such as supplies, maintenance contracts, etc. and oversees processing/tracking of payments
- Ensures Operations Manager is well informed on all aspects of team, projects and services with special focus on areas of concern/change
- Provides back-up to team, as needed
- Cross-trains in all team functions and becomes familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the Operations unit
- Performs other tasks and special projects as identified by the Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required; bachelor's degree preferred
- Three to five years' experience in a similar role, or job with similar skill sets, managing a team
- Two years relevant corporate experience, preferably in hospitality/office services with service-oriented or customer-centric environment
- Two years relevant corporate experience supporting facilities management activities
- Excellent technical experience, including strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident, professional presence and positive demeanor
- Professional maturity and ability to interact with all levels of professionals
- Excellent quality-conscious customer service skills
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in resolving problematic situations
- Professional agility and ability to handle multiple priorities with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Critical thinking and ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to work occasional overtime; nights and weekends
- Must be willing to be trained in all functional areas
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Requisition code: E18LASSSRCJA010-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top