Office of General Counsel - Paralegal
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The Paralegal role will be part of DTTL Office of General Counsel. Led by the General Counsel, DTTL OGC consists of approximately 25 people, including lawyers, accountants, and legal assistants. DTTL OGC has three main groups: Corporate, Claims, and Regulatory, each of which is led by a Deputy General Counsel.
The position requires the individual to perform paralegal assignments which are varied and complex in nature supporting the attorneys in the Regulatory, Claims, and Corporate Groups of Global OGC. Responsibilities include:
- Handles administrative functions, such as creating and maintaining OGC organizational systems, including entering information into electronic databases and organizing and maintaining files.
- Performs other functions such as proofreading, redlining, preparing indices for documents, maintaining and updating form files, organizing and maintaining reference materials and databases.
- Reviews confidentiality agreements, requests for proposals, and various other documents under supervision of the group attorneys, as needed.
- Reviews contractual terms included in requests for proposals and prepares exceptions to such proposed terms for review by group attorneys, as needed.
- Drafts, edits, and reviews documents, correspondence, and presentations (Word, Power Point and Excel).
- Performs basic legal research utilizing legal reference publications, computer databases and other tools.
- Performs other duties in support of Global OGC as assigned, which may include: meeting and conference planning and management and project management of OGC-led initiatives and internal projects.
Education: College degree is required
Years of Experience: At least 1-2 years of paralegal or similar experience
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and guidelines of Deloitte Global and must be able to discern when the involvement of an attorney or other Deloitte professional is necessary.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines.
- An eye for detail, meticulous organizational skills, and an understanding of what lawyers expect in terms of file and case management.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Sharepoint, and similar document or file management systems. Experience with Westlaw and/or Lexis Nexis.
- International Experience / Foreign Language skills a plus
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP004LM0161
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top