Network Infrastructure Architect
Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems. The organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP ("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax services, financial advisory services, and risk management capabilities.
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) serves as a global team connecting Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners in support of client pursuits, solution development and practice development. The SNET does this by combining experts with knowledge of all major enterprise technologies (PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, Networking, Cloud & Infrastructure, etc.) with a hosted infrastructure spanning an array of hardware vendors, operating systems, and application platforms.
With nearly 10,000 Deloitte Consulting employees in more than 80 U.S. cities, we understand that people are our most precious resource. As a dynamic and leading edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills
The Solutions Network Technical Architecture Team Project Manager will be responsible for providing efficient project management for the SNET Tech Arch Team. The position will be focused on managing Client projects and pursuits, Solutions development, process compliance, and TS&A Practice development activities. This is a national client facing role with an expectation for up to 25% travel, as dictated by project requirements, focused on supporting cloud and infrastructure technologies across multiple client and practice
Primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Efficiently manage the delivery and support of multiple simultaneous projects by leveraging project management tools (MS Enterprise Project Management, JIRA)
- Handling project management tasks for multiple individual projects. Includes initial needs assessment, scope definition, statements of work, pricing, billing, resource planning, managing milestone/deliverable targets, and project closure.
- Accountable for ensuring quality of project delivery and maintaining customer reference ability.
- Responsible for building and pricing of hosting and staffing proposals.
- Proficient in change management.
- Operational and tactical management of the Tech Arch Team projects.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of vendor relations with technology partners.
- Determine requirements and negotiate access and support models.
- Experience with project managing offshore and onshore resources.
- Manage research and development projects
- Manage Tech Arch talent skills matrix, project pipeline , and produce tech arch management reports
- Manage and market Tech Arch team content/collateral on Tech Arch capabilities and services
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the Deloitte practices supported by the team to proactively drive revenue opportunities to the SNET as well as to identify and address practitioner support needs.
Key qualifications for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 8+ years of experience relevant to this position to include project or direct line management experience
- Extensive experience managing projects of varying sizes.
- Broad technical background with knowledge of systems sizing and architecture.
- Proven experience with project management software (intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Project).
- Experience with Oracle Applications and/or database is preferred.
- Experience developing statements of work and/or client proposals.
- PMI certification a plus.
- Prior Big-4 consulting experience highly desired.
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience.
Successful Candidates Possess:
A successful candidate posses the following attributes:
- Ability and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage small projects
- Strong problem solver who can build relationships.
- Passion for emerging IT technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology
- Knowledge of Architecture governance best practices and experience applying them to solve client
- Demonstrated record in leading and instilling service disciplines and team work
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments across multiple projects
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, data communications, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional
Requisition code: E18NATCSRAL006-SNET
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top