National Federal Tax - Partnerships, Energy, Real Estate, Senior
You have experience in federal tax and/or partnership tax compliance. You’re not an expert in technology, but you’ve been working with Excel or a customized software package and you really like technology. Are you a tax guru with a passion for pioneering custom software applications and proprietary solutions? If so, we have the career opportunity to keep you buzzing well beyond tax time!
Work you’ll do:
As a Senior Consultant on our PSG ERO team, you will:
- Supervise engagement teams and work with Managers and Senior Managers to provide day-to-day guidance to junior staff on federal tax projects.
- Implement strategic tax structures and oversee complex tax computation projects for clients in diverse industries.
- Assist clients with life events for partnerships (e.g. formations, mergers, initial public offerings), inside and outside basis computations, Section 704© and Section 743(b) computations, Schedule K-1 processing, and the development of custom technology solutions to streamline the partnership compliance process.
- Use proprietary technologies to assist clients in streamlining their tax compliance processes and achieve worldwide compliance.
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for our federal tax clients and actively participate in client strategy meetings.
- Spend a large amount of time at client locations across the United States for the purpose of meeting client deadlines.
- Mentor and develop junior staff including in our U.S. India office, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
PSG’s practice is split into two primary areas: Investment Management (IM) and Energy, Real Estate, and Operating Partnerships (ERO). In the ERO practice, PSG professionals counsel privately-held and publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post-offering compliance, and process design and improvement. Industries served by the ERO practice include energy (e.g., oil and gas), real estate, telecom, healthcare, media / entertainment, and financial services (e.g., asset management, private equity, and venture capital). The ERO practice is also heavily involved in the implementation of tax receivable agreements that are executed as part of advanced reorganization transactions.
- 3+ years’ experience in federal partnership tax
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or eligible)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Big 4 or comparable experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17CHITSRCEROADS001
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top