Multistate Tax Manager - Investment Management Industry - part time w/ corporate benefits
Are you an experienced Investment Management tax professional who is looking for a part-time/reduced work schedule and wants to continue to work on complex state tax issues for some of the most well-known Global Investment Management firms?
We are looking for a Multistate Tax Manager who has a specialization in the Investment Management industry to assist full-time during our peak season months and then reduce your hours the remainder of the year to achieve personal and professional balance. The approximate annual reduced work schedule will be 50% and a benefits package is included with this position.
What you’ll do**
As an Investment Tax Manager within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will provide state tax compliance and consulting services to Investment Management industry clients such as hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, and other alternative investment funds.
Responsibilities will include:
• Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and corporate state tax returns and work papers for Investment Management clients.
• Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising staff on assigned engagements.
• Overseeing complex tax projects requiring research and tax analysis for a variety of investment fund structures.
• Assisting with audit defense for state tax notices.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States, with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 5+ years’ experience in state tax compliance for partnership and corporate multistate tax returns for Investment Management clients
- Solid understanding of state investment partnership rules, common structures for private equity funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, and private wealth funds
- Solid understanding of sourcing rules for non-unitary partnerships, and business and nonbusiness sourcing rules
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed Attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Management experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are
not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please seewww.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E17SFOTMGRDK488-MTS
Back to top