MS Access Database Analyst
Are you an analytical thinker who likes working with data? We are looking for a sharp detailed-oriented professional who is adept at comprehending and analyzing complex data interrelationships data to join our Independence practice with Deloitte Global.
Work you'll do:
The Independence Operations group promotes the quality, integrity, and completeness of firm entity, security and designation information and supporting processes and quality controls, with an emphasis on the firm's data in the various independence systems, including Deloitte Entity Search and Compliance system (DESC), Global Independence Monitoring System (GIMS), and the entity affiliate information. Results of effective and quality data management directly correlate to the instilled confidence in the firm's information and public trust and reputation.
You will be responsible for the support of a series of Microsoft Access and SQL Server databases containing a list of the U.S. and Global Firms' clients and other entities requiring independence as well as global securities data. This role includes the routine creation and modification of databases as well as supporting the Business with data quality research and analysis.
Responsiblities may include:
- Assisting with MS Access database maintenance and new development.
- Assisting with SQL Server database maintenance and new development in SSIS.
- Assisting with package development and troubleshooting in SSDT.
- Assist with maintenance of existing reports and work with team members to develop new reports using MS Access and Excel VBA.
- Comprehending existing code in order to troubleshoot and adjust code when necessary.
- Working with business users to develop Ad Hoc queries using SQL/TSQL to meet their objectives.
- Assisting with mailbox support tickets and communicate with end users.
- Communicating and interacting with teams members to determine requirements.
- Creating intuitive, internally consistent user interfaces that meet the team standards.
- Documenting new requirements and processes, and maintain existing process documents.
What you'll be part of-our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
Deloitte Global Risk, Regulatory, and Public Policy (RRPP) makes an impact by developing programs, processes and resources to preserve, protect and enhance the Deloitte brand. We identify new and emerging risks that could significantly impact the network, mitigate risks as they occur, proactively engage with regulators and key stakeholders that impact professional services, and build a clear voice around select policy topics around the globe.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do - that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in database management techniques.
- Proficiency in MS Access, SQL and VBA.
- Proven ability to to prioritize work, take ownership of projects, and drive them forward to completion.
- Attention to detail is an essential skill.
- Ability to work independently on projects and contribute in team discussions.
Education and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Information System or a related field (or equivalent).
- Experience with Remote Desktop environment, multi-user databases, SharePoint, Tableau and Python a plus.
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP004CF0994
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top