Monitor Deloitte, Consultant/Senior Consultant, EMEA Digital Strategy Consulting, London
Monitor Deloitte’s Digital Strategy team, ranked #1 globally by both Kennedy Research and Forrester, works with senior executives in the public and private sectors to design strategies which will radically improve growth in shareholder value through digital. We combine the robust research and analysis of traditional strategy consulting with the creativity and lean approaches deployed by the start-up community to align executives around a digital vision, and develop portfolios of initiatives which will enable them to deliver it in rapidly changing markets. We focus on delivering sustainable value for our clients and our projects address the most pressing strategic issues in business today.
Although all of our projects are different, we commonly answer strategic questions including:
- What is our digital aspiration and purpose and how do I align the leaders in my business around this?
- How do I structure my business to drive growth and innovation in this context?
- How and when should I invest in digital?
Our recent engagements include:
- Developing a new commercial proposition for a global fashion brand, looking to optimise sales and engagement through digital
- Launching a digital venture for a global technology brand looking to enter the health market in the UK
- Developing the digital strategy and investment priorities for one of the largest UK County Councils, to facilitate end-to-end redesign of service delivery
- Developing a digital strategy for a leading consumer electronics brand looking to grow internationally across three continents using digital
- Working with a major transport organisation to refocus and improve the way digital services are delivered, including demonstrating how this can be achieved through prototyping and agile principles
- Establishing the Deloitte Incubator, a programme to invest and grow new start-up businesses
We have also published a range of research papers around digital, including:
- Digital DNA ‑ an exposition of best practice in digital leadership, culture and transformation practices
- Customer segmentation in a digital world ‑ the role of digital in developing more sophisticated customer analytics, undertaken in collaboration with Facebook
- The cloud and SMBs ‑ an analysis of the role of cloud-based applications in accelerating the growth of SMBs, undertaken in collaboration with Google
If you are a high-calibre individual with prior experience in a commercial or advisory role, and a proven passion for digital, we can offer you an unrivalled opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-growing and unique part of our global team. As well as building your strategic skills through client projects across a broad spectrum of sectors, we offer the opportunity to work with some of the largest businesses in the world and to advise on some of their most pressing challenges.
As part of an internal start-up within our UK Strategy & Operations practice, there are many opportunities for fast career progression, as well as for you to play a role in shaping the future of our business.
A Consultant will be responsible for:
- Owning tasks/areas of analysis as part of a team: Leading on defined work packages as part of a broader client engagement, including understanding requirements, structuring the approach and driving analysis
- Research and analysis: Driving the research and analysis on client engagements, including interviewing, identifying relevant secondary resources, developing hypotheses and presenting findings
- Thought leadership: Contributing to our thought leadership programme, including undertaking primary and secondary research, interviewing third parties and contributing towards thesis generation
Digital strategists come from all backgrounds, but to succeed you will need to be intellectually curious, to demonstrate your ability to think in a logical and structured way, and to be creative in your approach to problem solving. Strong numerical skills are also important.
Our typical recruits also exhibit the following:
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree from a leading university (typically top 10)
- Strong numerical skills
- A proven track record of problem solving in a commercial context
- A demonstrable passion for digital
- Ability to operate effectively with minimal oversight
- Strong commercial awareness
- Willingness to learn/progress quickly
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Entrepreneurial background
- A digital presence which demonstrates your familiarity with the domain
- Experience of working on strategic issues
Requisition code: 120870
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top