Mergers and Acquisitions Strategy and Commercial Due Diligence Manager
M&A Strategy is a first critical step in the Mergers and Acquisitions process. Deloitte's M&A Strategy and Commercial Due Diligence practice works with senior executives to define how they employ M&A – in alignment with their corporate strategy – to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in their industry. Knowing the where and how – where the company wants to compete and how it plans to win – is essential to defining an effective path and identifying strategic acquisition targets. Based on the client's corporate strategy, market expectations and corresponding portfolio gaps, we identify and assess targets based on meaningful screening criteria that can include a client's strategic objectives, potential synergies, organizational and cultural fit, and the feasibility of a deal. Through our pre-deal due diligence support, we help companies understand the potential for value creation and what drives it. To ensure the transaction is successful, we also support clients with pre-deal integration planning and overall communication of its rationale to stakeholders, markets, and customers. Deloitte provides end-to-end M&A advisory services from early in the M&A life cycle (M&A Strategy, Commercial Diligence and Operational Diligence), through to integration as well as with disciplines such as financial advisory, IT, and tax to provide broad-based information that can inform the M&A strategy. M&A strategy services include corporate strategy, inorganic growth paths, target profiles and investment theses.
Work you'll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
Strategy and Operations
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients' organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients' roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Fusing leading acquisition and divestiture experience with broad global scale and industry and functional depth, our services span the M&A lifecycle from growth strategy to target screening and diligence, through integration and separation execution. We work closely with our M&A colleagues to position the critical aspects of people, process, and technology to be addressed at each stage of the M&A life cycle. We provide corporate and private equity investors with a broad continuum of knowledge and tools for mergers, divestitures, joint ventures and alliances. We consult to our clients in areas such as M&A strategy, commercial & operational due diligence, integration strategy and execution, divestiture strategy and execution, functional integration and carve outs, and M&A capability development. From start to finish, at Deloitte Consulting LLP we help our clients achieve the transaction's maximum potential while minimizing their risk. Learn more about our Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
A candidate must meet the minimum experience in one or more of the below:
Must have a minimum of 6 years M&A or M&A pre-deal service delivery:
- Experience leading complex M&A client engagements that identify, design, and communicate value in a pre-deal setting.
- Experience structuring customer interview programs by identifying the key decision maker that is relevant to the transaction, securing and performing the interviews, and synthesizing the results.
- Experience interacting with all parties associated with a deal setting (e.g. bankers, lawyers, other 3rd party advisors).
- Experience identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Experience implementing and overseeing the quality of deliverables and effectively managing the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Experience with pre-deal M&A activities and the ability to interact with a potential target's management team.
- Experience with financial analysis and reporting, market analysis and gathering competitive intelligence, particularly in relation to M&A activity.
- Understanding of cross-functional and functional coordination.
- A minimum of 6 years consulting experience is required.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Ability to travel 80-100% required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRKH070-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top