Manager, Talent Relations - Consulting
Manager, Talent Relations – Consulting
The vision for Talent Relations is to become globally eminent. We strive to provide world class consultative services that safeguard against immediate crisis and long term threats to our people, brand and financial wellbeing. Our subject matter experts, innovative processes and investigative practices enable flawless operational execution and the ability to reduce risk throughout the organization.
Work you'll do
The Talent Relations (TR) Team collaborates with several groups to provide consultative and advisory services to members of the Talent Channel and the Deloitte businesses regarding individual and group employee matters.
The TR Manager will manage and provide guidance on complex, cross-functional, employee matters.
- Demonstrate and executes the ability to understand, interpret and resolve complex problems by using deep technical TR knowledge to mitigate risk
oReview and assess risk on involuntary separation requests
oCollaborate with Sr. Manager on high-risk investigations
oAdvise on complex performance management matters
oHandle and/or oversee crisis matters such as missing persons, death notifications, medical emergencies, etc.
- Provide oversight, guidance and delegate daily tasks/activities to TR Specialists
- Partner cross-functionally with Talent Business Advisors and Business Leaders to understand and address challenges and issues
- Leverages cross-FSS business knowledge to identify trends and recommend solutions
- Partner with Office of General Counsel (OGC), Centers of Excellence (CoE), Core Talent Services (CTS), and US India Office (USI) to identify and mitigate Talent Relations risks
- Provide direction to TR Specialists and serve as escalation point for complex cases
- Responsible for management and performance of TR Specialists
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies
- Manage special projects as needed
The mission of Core Talent Services (CTS) improves efficiencies and operational excellence, deliver strategic and transactional services, institutionalize operations efficiencies and quality and enhance ability to scale and reduce cost structure. CTS focus on delivery of both strategic and transactional services, either directly for the businesses or in support of the Business Advisors and Centers of Excellence (CoEs).
- Undergraduate 4 year degree
- 8-10 years of related Talent/Employee Relations experience
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal/written skills and attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness when dealing with customers
- Strong knowledge of Talent Relations concepts and policies
- Ability to use technology systems to perform daily tasks
- Ability to work in a matrixed and virtual environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Previous experience in a professional services or large corporate environment
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRCW566-HRL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top