Manager Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations, Product Development
We help C&IP companies find the right solutions to make business challenges into strategic growth opportunities. Our practitioners take a source-to-consumer approach with our clients, giving each the latest information on trends and issues affecting its industry. From agricultural businesses, personal and household goods, and food and beverage companies to the apparel, textile, footwear and accessories sectors, our network of consumer product-focused professionals is mobilized around providing solutions and developing appropriate strategies to help companies exploit the opportunities associated with sustainable growth.
Work you'll do
We are looking for practitioners who will work alongside C&IP organizations from Retail, Consumer Products to Manufacturing & Industrial products, to drive business value through end-to-end delivery of solutions. You improve our clients' profitability and business productivity by enhancing core elements of their business model, creating value through process simplification, operating cost reduction and service improvement.
Typical project responsibilities of a Manager could include:
- Develop the detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address C&IP clients' biggest challenges
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
- Develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope
- Design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs
- Strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
Deloitte Managers in the C&IP practice work with a project team dedicated to a single client, taking direction from the project leader. Our Principals/Partners/ Directors serve as the project leaders and Managers work with them and other Consultants at all levels, often with exposure to clients' C-level executives, organizational leaders and team members. Managers will lead work streams of client projects and contribute to the overall engagement delivery. Project teams work onsite with the client team, typically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
- 6+ years of professional experience in C&IP industry, and/or a few years functioning as a Manager in a Consulting environment.
- Must have experience in Food & Beverage recipe management, ingredients, formula, and spec management, food and product safety and nutritional labeling.
- Clear understanding of F&B Manufacturing, Operations and R&D Operations and Regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
- Ability to work independently; lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%+
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
- Advanced degree in Food Science and Nutrition
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to lead small teams and own deliverables
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
How you'll grow
Who says work can't be fun? At Deloitte, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can't quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRPC111-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top