Manager - Strategy / Telecommunications - Strategy & Operations
Strategy & Operation Manager, Telecommunications
We’re looking for Managers who will work alongside wireless and wireline carriers and equipment manufacturers to drive business value through end-to-end delivery of solutions based on “Heart of the Business” operational improvements. You will help improve our clients’ profitability and business productivity by enhancing core elements of the business model, creating value through process simplification, operating cost reduction and service improvement. You will incorporate leading practices, tools and change management support that help make operational change stick.
Work you’ll do
Managers are professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. Deloitte professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with people at all levels of an organization. Responsibilities typical of a Manager could include:
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
- Manage engagement financial reporting, such as revenue and expenses
- Oversee work plans and manage delivery for multiple components of an engagement
- Leverage Deloitte’s methods, tools, and assets to design solutions for complex organizational challenges
- Manage activities between work streams
- Conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
- Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process
- Identify risks throughout the project life-cycle and develop mitigating strategies; Manage engagement issues and status
- Review detailed analyses to draw pertinent and insight recommendations; Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Design and manage deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
- Mentor and develop junior staff; Perform role of counselor and coach
- Support proposal development, such as client interview, issues identification and summarization, outline project approach, draft proposal content
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offers insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients’ organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients’ roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice.
Organizations need to grow with confidence in a world where the pace of change is rapid and sometimes unexpected. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our consultants use cutting-edge expertise embedded with deep industry knowledge to help our clients act nimbly and decisively, driving enterprise value. Learn more about Monitor Deloitte.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- 6 years of professional experience in a consulting setting (or 4 years with MBA/MHA/equivalent master degree)
- Consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MHA, MBA)
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRSD133-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top