Manager, Strategy & Operations, Supply Chain & Manufacturing
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Manager, Strategy & Operations, Supply Chain & Manufacturing in New York, NY and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Employ programmatic approaches, leverage analytics capabilities, and offer managed services that can help improve top-line growth, lower costs, reduce response times and increase productivity for clients. Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the planning, engineering, sourcing, manufacturing, and delivery/logistics of clients' business processes to create a strategic, competitive advantage. Help clients develop, implement, and operationalize multichannel customer interaction capabilities for both external and internal customer-facing operations. Lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determine client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluate and validate analysis and develop recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance for clients in the financial industry. Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals. Assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Develop, maintain, and grow client relationships and leading projects from planning through execution. Lead team in conducting industry research and analysis utilizing ISI Emerging Markets, Gartner, Forrester, Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) and Capital IQ data to develop benchmarks and best practices. Manage negotiations with vendors, define process checkpoints and enablers, and assist with contract authoring utilizing Vendor Lifecycle Management techniques. Guide the performance of spend analysis, TCO model development, and RFP issuance by analyzing contract and licensing, negotiate with suppliers, and utilize Emptoris to develop sourcing strategies. Direct the implementation of leading practices for Contract Management processes to effectively manage contract publishing, negotiations, amendments, and compliance. Oversee the team in performing Risk, Tableau, SPSS, and statistical analysis, using ANOVA and Monte-Carlo Simulation, to train practitioners in project optimization. Manage architecting project plans, resource allocation, budgets, timelines and business cases using MS Project. Provide direction with rendering recommendations on strategic business model transformations, cross-functional strategies, and management changes.
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related field.
- Must have three years of experience providing strategic consulting services to clients in the financial services industry on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have three years of experience with:
- Conducting industry research and analysis utilizing ISI Emerging Markets, Gartner, Forrester, Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) and Capital IQ data to develop benchmarks and best practices;
- Supporting negotiations with vendors, defining process checkpoints and enablers, and assisting with contract authoring utilizing Vendor Lifecycle Management techniques;
- Performing spend analysis, TCO model development, and RFP issuance by analyzing contract and licensing, negotiating with suppliers, and utilizing Emptoris to develop sourcing strategies;
- Implementing leading practices for Contract Management processes to effectively manage contract publishing, negotiations, amendments, and compliance;
- Performing Risk, Tableau, SPSS, and statistical analysis, using ANOVA and Monte-Carlo Simulation, to train practitioners in project optimization;
- Architecting project plans, resource allocation, budgets, timelines and business cases using MS Project; and
- Rendering recommendations on strategic business model transformations, cross-functional strategies, and management changes.
- In the alternative, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in the stated field plus five years of progressively responsible experience.
- Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
- 50% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XGGS18FC0617NYC4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top