Manager, Strategy & Operations, Mergers & Acquisitions
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Manager, Strategy & Operations, Mergers & Acquisitions in Los Angeles, CA and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Direct client engagements that identify, design and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues. Determine client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches. Supervise teams that provide consulting services to clients in the high technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, health care, and consumer products industries. Implement the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Handle the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities. Evaluate and validate analysis, and develop recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. Review the work of team members to ensure it meets project standards. Lead teams in preparing merger and acquisitions (M&A) work plans, schedules and resources for integration and separation work streams. Oversee teams in advising clients through execution of the M&A lifecycle, including strategy, commercial and operational due diligence, divestiture, integration and restructuring, synergy capture, operational restructuring, cost reduction, shared services, outsourcing and process redesign. Conduct competitive benchmarking to identify business process gaps using Access, Capital IQ Factiva, and Gartner. Reduce clients' cost of goods sold (COGS) and selling, general and administrative expenses through statistical simulation using ANOVA and Macros based on MS Visual Basic and Python. Apply lean manufacturing methodologies, including Just in Time, and leverage APICS and supply chain operation reference (SCOR) frameworks to improve supply chain capabilities and manufacturing processes. Analyze global pricing strategies and revenue-generation opportunities through statistical forecasting analysis, including Monte Carlo simulation, exponential smoothing and linear quadratic methods. Utilize Tableau software to conduct data analysis and build data visualization models to create strategic roadmaps based on speed-to-market revenue generation potential. Analyze and assess revenue risks and dollar value impacts to the business under various risk scenarios by using Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering (any) or a related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience providing consulting services to clients on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have 5 years of experience with:
- Conducting competitive benchmarking to identify business process gaps using Access, Capital IQ Factiva, and Gartner; Reducing client's COGS and selling, general and administrative expenses through statistical simulations using ANOVA and Macros based on MS Visual Basic and Python;
- Applying lean manufacturing methodologies, including Just in Time, and leveraging APICS and SCOR frameworks to improve supply chain capabilities and manufacturing processes;
- Analyzing global pricing strategies and revenue-generation opportunities through statistical forecasting analysis, including Monte Carlo simulation, exponential smoothing and linear quadratic methods;
- Utilizing Tableau software to conduct data analysis and build data visualization models to create strategic roadmaps based on speed-to-market revenue generation potential; and
- Analyzing and assessing revenue risks and dollar value impacts to the business under various risk scenarios by using Microsoft Excel;
- 80% travel required.
- In the alternative, the employer will accept a Master's degree in a stated field plus three years of experience. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. The employer will accept pre- or post-Master's degree experience.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XGGS18FC0817LOS2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top