Manager (Strategy Development)
Deloitte LLP seeks a Manager (Strategy Development) in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Lead and manage specific corporate strategy projects that primarily focus on growth, innovation, and operations across the Deloitte US firm with multiple work streams and geographically distributed resources including offshore contingent. Develop appropriate solutions, framework, and methodologies for market segmentation and sizing, drive market trend and competitive landscape analysis, portfolio analysis, business modeling, financial modeling, and operational analysis. Drive primary research including structuring and developing research hypotheses, interview guides and surveys. Manage secondary research efforts utilizing tools and databases including Factiva, Hoovers, and Capital IQ. Manage client relationships, engagement risks, and interview stakeholders. Have opportunities to interact and assist senior leaders within the organization. Act as a counselor and coach to lower-level staff members, and provide guidance in staff recruitment and retention activities. Synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications and key trends. Develop content for executive-level presentations and reports to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations. Develop content for workshops and working sessions.
- Master's degree in Economics, Business Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience performing strategy development and quantitative analytical analysis.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Performing and overseeing data mining, data analytics and predictive modeling initiatives using SAS and SPSS;
- Performing data management and analysis, including creating, structuring, and analyzing complex operational and financial datasets using advanced Excel functions, including PivotTables, VLookup, and macros;
- Researching and providing business reports and delivering presentations on macro-level market topics, including industry trends and company-specific operational and financial issues involving revenue and profitability forecasts;
- Performing financial analysis, including external market sizing and competitive analysis;
- Conducting market analysis, including determining current and future competitive environments of business entities utilizing microeconomic supply and demand principles, product lifecycle dynamics, and Porter's five forces frameworks;
- Leading project work streams for complex engagements by developing and supporting creation of work plans, identifying priorities, and delivering project outcomes;
- Collaborating with members of high performance teams and providing solution development for complex projects involving market, financial and data analysis, regulatory examination, and business modeling;
- Developing and maintaining a diverse set of business relationships across a broad network during project engagements;
- Analyzing data results and drawing insights to create strategic recommendations; and
- Performing industry research and analysis of competitive market for professional services industry.
- In the alternative, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FD0817NYC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top