Manager, Revenue Operations – Hybrid Business Finance COE
Deloitte Hybrid Business Finance COE
Manager, Revenue Operations
Are you a process-driven Finance Manager looking for an exciting new role with more diverse and higher impact projects? If so, we are looking for an energetic finance professional with outstanding analytical capabilities to join our Hybrid Business Finance Center of Excellence.
Deloitte is aggressively acquiring, developing and scaling alternative business models such as Intellectual Property-based ("IP-Based") businesses to complement the traditional services offerings across the core functions of consulting, advisory, tax and audit. IP-based businesses offer client's technology, content, data or analytic solutions with recurring subscription revenue business models. The combination of IP-based businesses with Deloitte's traditional service offerings are referred to as "Hybrids". While the Hybrid Finance COE is a relatively new team that owns the centralized transactional activity of Order to Cash and Record to Report processes across all alternative business model businesses at Deloitte, there are also plans to possibly introduce a financial planning and analysis ("FP&A") function, to support the respective businesses, in the foreseeable future.
What You'll Do
As the Manager – HBF COE Revenue Operations, you will be responsible for leading and evolving the Order to Cash responsibilities of the team primarily focused on: Order Management, Billing and Collections.
- You will provide leadership and management to the Revenue Operations (billings and collections) team, ensuring that order to cash processes are client centric, efficient and effective for both IP-based and services components of the business; that information required for management reporting is collected/communicated effectively and that revenue accounting is appropriate, complete and accurate.
- You'll design the team organizational structure and implement best practices across the group. The role will work closely on new acquisitions to ensure proper set up and migration to the COE.
- You will implement operational controls ensuring revenue optimization for multiple products line with diverse processes.
- You will be responsible for developing metrics and KPIs relative to O2C to ensure measurement of the team's output. This includes supporting the growth of the HBF COE as Deloitte continues to invest in Hybrid Businesses.
How You'll Grow
Due to HBF COE's specialized and focused mission, our team members have the incredible opportunity to work with senior executive partners on high visibility projects across the firm. This gives us the unique chance to observe, learn from, and interact with some of the most highly recognized leaders in a variety of industries, all while developing specialized capabilities for the firm in high priority, high growth areas.
Furthermore, professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. We provide access to advanced training programs and expert-taught workshops as well as mentoring and coaching to help you grow. Within DNA and across Deloitte we nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization.
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in a similar role (run a shared service type operation) with businesses offering IP-based technology, content, data or analytic solutions; traditional services experience considered a plus
- Experience implementing and running a collection module
- Working knowledge of Zuora Billing and SAP Subscription Billing a must.
- Previous experience in large, subscription business managing revenue operations
- Experience building, organizing and optimizing a revenue operations team within a subscription billing model
- Proven track record integrating businesses into existing O2C process (organic or via acquisition)
- Experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including expert Excel Skills (Excel certification will be required post-hire)
- Proven ability to develop and motivate teams of accounting/finance/revenue professionals at varying levels of experience
- Ability and willingness to travel on a limited basis as needed
- Experience in understanding the dynamics/various business drivers of IP-based businesses
- Ability to "think outside the box" while identifying problems and developing creative solutions
- Experience working in complex, multi-stakeholder organizations
- Bachelor's degree
What's Nice to Have
- Project Management certification preferred
- An advanced degree in Accounting/Business is preferred
The HBF COE manages Deloitte's alternative business model businesses as we rapidly grow our client offerings. We are a tightly knit high-performing team, pride ourselves on exceptional service and the ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial, trusted partnerships.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer some of the best employee benefits in the industry.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our culture values creativity and innovation. We celebrate our people and their uniqueness. We believe that collaboration is the key to opportunity and success.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we're a culture of purpose. Today, the interconnectedness of business, markets, politics, and culture requires the adoption of a unified, integrated ethos. At Deloitte, we believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want our potential candidates to feel prepared and confident. To help you ace your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the company and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Below, you'll find links to articles that are designed to help you prepare for your interview and show us why you're the perfect hire.
Putting your best foot forward in an interview.
What we look for when first meeting candidates.
Forward-thinking questions to pose during your interview.
7 tips to ensure a strong interview.
Requisition code: E18NYCSMGRAH007-CL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top