Manager Retail Operations Transformation
We're looking for practitioners who will work alongside retailers and wholesale distributors to drive business value through end-to-end delivery of solutions based on "Heart of the Business" operational improvements. You will help improve our clients' profitability and business productivity by enhancing core elements of the business model, helping create value through process simplification, operating cost reduction and service improvement. You incorporate leading practices, tools and change management support that help make operational change stick.
Work you'll do
Managers lead multiple project work streams, small engagement teams or components of large, complex engagements. They mentor junior practitioners as they conduct detailed, quantitative analyses associated with developing meaningful insights to address retailers' and distributors' biggest challenges. These challenges encompass everything from helping clients increase revenues, decrease costs, accelerate cash flow, and improve margin and operational workflows by addressing people, processes, and technology across every aspect of the project lifecycle.
As a Manager, you will be asked to provide leadership in a variety of challenging roles, make significant contributions in a relatively short time, take responsibility for the way you manage your time, develop your skill set, and deliver creative, compelling insights to the client. Your career success is dependent on your ability to personalize your career path and identify and grow your internal and external network. We don't expect you to do this alone - our environment provides multiple opportunities for you to further develop your skills through our training curriculum and mentoring programs.
Deloitte Managers typically work with a project team dedicated to a single client, taking direction from the project Senior Manager or Principal/Partner/Director. They work side by side with Principals/Partner/Directors, often with exposure to C-level executives and organizational leaders. Project teams work onsite with the client team, typically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
Deloitte's Operations Transformation practice helps clients implement their corporate strategy and accomplish their business objectives. Using our deep sector and technical expertise we transform our clients' core business and operations, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
Learn more about our Operations Transformation practice
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- 6+ years of combined retail or wholesale industry and consulting experience in retail operations performance improvement, merchandising, pricing, inventory management, workforce management, and supply chain optimization
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams and develop people
- Performed above expectations in previous professional roles
- Professional competence in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
- Excellent undergraduate academic record (GPA 3.5+)
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRPC110-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top