Manager - National Federal Tax - Partnerships, Energy, Real Estate
You've earned your stripes as a partnership tax specialist and tapped into the world of cutting-edge tax technology. You are not an expert in technology, but you can offer profound insight about how partnerships can streamline their tax computation, compliance, K-1 processing, and planning processes. If you're a tax guru with a passion for pioneering custom software applications and proprietary solutions, we have the career opportunity to keep you buzzing well beyond tax time!
Work you'll do:
As a Manager on our PSG ERO team, you will:
- Lead engagement teams and work with Senior Managers and Partners/Directors to provide day-to-day management of federal tax projects.
- Implement strategic tax structures and processes, and oversee complex tax computation projects for clients, with emphasis on identification and communication of technical tax and service issues.
- Use proprietary technologies to assist clients in the streamlining of their tax compliance processes.
- Manage federal tax projects.
- Mentor and develop of engagement staff, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
- Actively participate in marketplace activities, recruiting, and process and technology innovation.
- Identify service opportunities, manage client accounts and billings, and advance various Deloitte Tax initiatives.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
PSG's practice is split into two primary areas: Investment Management (IM) and Energy, Real Estate, and Operating Partnerships (ERO). In the ERO practice, PSG professionals counsel privately-held and publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post-offering compliance, and process design and improvement. Industries served by the ERO practice include energy (e.g., oil and gas), real estate, telecom, healthcare, media / entertainment, and financial services (e.g., asset management, private equity, and venture capital). The ERO practice is also heavily involved in the implementation of tax receivable agreements that are executed as part of advanced reorganization transactions.
- 5+ years' experience in federal partnership tax
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field required
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
- Big 4 or comparable experience
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven management experience indicating strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and manage budgets and work plans
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATTMGRRK052-NF
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top