Manager - Monitor Strategy/Cloud
Manager – Business transformation through cloud enablement
Cloud provides the opportunity to innovate business practices, improve customer delivery, and create competitive advantage, all through business transformation. It represents an opportunity to advance core business practices and enable new business capabilities, well beyond a foundational "lift and shift" to public or private cloud. Financial benefits of a shift to cloud can often fuel the business transformation, enabling parallel IT and business innovation. Our Strategy and Operations Cloud leaders help solve our client's most complex issues, to ensure both value creation and business transformation, through transitions to cloud.
Work you'll do
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver business, digital and analytics transformation, enabled through cloud. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
Strategy and Operations
As part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients' organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients' roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice.
S&O for Cloud
In helping our clients plan and execute their transition to cloud, we address their most pressing issues to ensure a sound strategy, seamless transition, and maximized cloud benefits across the organization. We specifically help our clients in assessing an optimized workload mix, identifying and modeling financial benefits, identifying impacted business and IT operations, defining and prioritizing their implementation roadmap, analyzing and selecting vendors, designing and implementing future state capability and operating models, and identifying and developing solutions for analytics and BPaaS solutions.
Essential functions of a Manager at Deloitte Consulting:
A Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery: Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
A candidate must meet the minimum experience in one or more of the below.
- Experience participating in and setting engagement objectives and scope
- Experience developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope
- Experience designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Participation in transformation initiatives for mid to large scale organizations
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 6+ years consulting and/or industry experience
- Strong client relationship skills, and ability to work with Business and IT leadership
- Experience working with cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/BPaaS), digital, and analytics solutions
- Experience with workload assessment, business case development, operational assessment, roadmap creation, vendor selection, and operating model design
- Ability to take major ownership in orchestrating client workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills
- Ability to challenge the norm when identifying process improvement opportunities
- Ability to travel 80-100% required
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRSD100-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top