Manager - Mergers and Acquisitions Tax - New York, NY
M&A Transactions. Divestitures. Joint Ventures. Bankruptcy Planning/Emergence. You know what these terms mean and you want to take your tax experience to a whole new level. Add in your project management, people development, and leadership skills, and this is the job for you! Sign-up now!
Work you'll do
As a Manager you will have in-depth, first-hand experience in a wide range of industries, and:
- Assist our corporate and private equity buyer clients with tax due diligence, tax structuring and tax modeling on buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- Prepare due diligence reports for C-suite audience.
- Direct complex tax research and formulate tax-planning strategies.
- Have the ability to expand tax research skills via extensive tax research involving complex technical tax issues across a broad spectrum of federal tax law (e.g. Subchapter C, Subchapter K, consolidated returns, tax accounting methods, taxable and non-taxable transactions, executive compensation, etc).
Deloitte Tax LLP, Merger & Acquisition (M&A) professionals provide corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities. Working with clients before, during and after the transaction, tax professionals work with clients across corporate functions such as finance, treasury, human resources, operations, information technology and risk management to analyze and evaluate the tax profile and to implement planning designed to help meet each organization's global goals, strategies and business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or JD
- 5+ years corporate tax experience with a Big 4 organization, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company
- Consulting and compliance experience
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, decision-making and project management abilities
- Strong supervisory experience
- MBA or MS in Accounting or Tax
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATTMGRRK008-MA
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top