Manager, Learning and Development-Strategy and Operations
Job Title: Development Manager
Career Level: Manager
Channel/Function: Talent / Development
Position Reports to: S&O Development Leader
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
Key Role Description:
The development manager role is critical to the design and delivery of Strategy & Operations national learning programs; responsibilities include effectively managing an assigned portfolio of top-quality strategic development programs that align with Development's strategy and business needs; delivering existing portfolio; updating and refreshing existing portfolio as needed; designing, developing, and delivering new programs; providing functional area expertise to identify, research, and resolve complex problems; collaborating and partnering with Development CoE members, Shared Services, National Meeting Services, and business leaders and stakeholders to create meaningful and successful learning experiences; managing available resources and budgets; and building relationships with talent and business colleagues.
Unique Business Situation:
This role supports the Strategy & Operations Service Area within Consulting and is responsible for the design, development, and delivery of the Manager/Senior Manager curricula as well as other priority initiatives related to Consulting and Strategy & Operations.
The role focuses on leading the activities associated with preparing for and executing a portfolio of programs or learning interventions, including but not limited to: strategic vision collaboration; budget management; design and development of new programs; delivery and refresh of existing programs; maintenance of program materials; drafting and managing program communications; metrics and measurement of programs; teaming with Core Talent Service (CTS), Deloitte Learning Center (DLC), recruiting and deployment, National Meeting Services (NMS), Deloitte University, external speakers, liaising with participants, coaches and other stakeholders to provide high quality experience; supporting on-site delivery; working on process improvement initiatives; and analyzing evaluation findings to enhance the learning experience.
Travel is expected and will vary based upon program or planning needs. The role is approximately 20% travel with most travel being to Deloitte University. Programs included in this portfolio include and are not limited to Manager Marquee Experience, Agora, and Rainmaker.
This role also includes the coaching, mentoring, development and management of a Development Specialist.
Skill sets necessary for success in this role include but are not limited to:
- High attention to detail
- Project Management
- Detailed Financial/Budget Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong Communications (Written and Verbal) (e.g., ability to influence, negotiate)
- Strategic Planning (e.g., communications, long-term roadmaps)
- Change management
- Team management/support (e.g., coaching, mentoring, motivation)
- Manage the daily operations, execution and delivery of assigned programs. Activities may include:
- Evolving to changing business needs
- Sustaining/continually enhancing the complete learning experience
- Delivering the program for transfer of learning and application to the job
- Driving follow-through to maximize transfer of knowledge, skills and capabilities to the job
- Deploying active on-the-job performance support
- Documenting results
- Interact with Core Talent Services (including CRM), National Meeting Services, etc., on program delivery items to ensure alignment, answer questions, and provide assistance where appropriate
- Partner with other geographies as appropriate to support successful program operations outside of the US
Research and Course Design:
- Lead research for learning programs and support content updates as needed, including documents such as course materials, communications, handouts, etc.
- Lead new course content development and refresh updates as appropriate
- Effectively communicate program design strategy, program status, and issues with stakeholders at all levels as appropriate
- Oversee program communications using tools such as SharePoint and MS word email mail merge. Manage Outlook distribution lists as needed
- Demonstrate initiative in gathering feedback and data from practitioners, improving learning and development programs, and constantly moving learning to the next level
- Work in partnership with the CTS and reporting/evaluation teams to use standard metrics and develop any unique measurement requirements for projects
- Produce metric scorecards for learning programs, including service line learning
- Prepare debrief presentations to assist with the facilitate of program delivery discussions
- Partner with the CTS and COE teams to use best-in-class core talent development processes for communications, classroom delivery, metrics, reporting, and solution support.
- Work with Global, IT, Operations and HR as appropriate to ensure linkage to other systems and processes.
- Develop and manage processes used to support assigned programs or projects
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders, in the business, Talent, and National Learning and Talent Development to:
- Understand the talent development initiatives across the organization
- Share learnings and best practices
- Help align processes to gain efficiencies
Other responsibilities may include:
- Establish tactical direction for COE specialists and provide input into the performance management process
- Ensure national policies, programs and guidelines are followed by team and manage escalations/exceptions, as needed
- Act as a learning and talent development business advisor on effective and leading-edge learning and development strategies to achieve business goals
- Establish the right communications vehicles to ensure real-time and close connection to business leaders, organizational priorities and changes
- Provide input into the development of a learning and development roadmap to build and deliver required capabilities
- Provide input into the annual plan and budget to execute learning and talent development activities
- Bachelor's Degree; Minimum 8 years of related experience
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong strategic-thinking skills with an ability to collaborate with team members on best practices
- Consultative approach toward clients
- Sound leadership skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office and applicant tracking system/application skills
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRJD012-HRL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top