Manager, Learning and Development- Enabling Areas Learning
Job Title/Job Code: Development Manager, Enabling Areas Learning
Career Level: Manager
Channel/Function: Talent Development Center of Excellence (CoE)/Deloitte Services LP
Position Reports to: Development Leader, Enabling Areas Learning
Work you'll do:
Manage the vision and execution of the development curriculum for the Mandatory Learning portfolio in the U.S. Region.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on how every employee in the US firm experiences mandatory learning. Key questions for the person in this role include:
- How can mandatory learning be optimized for the best engagement and effectiveness?
- What innovations can take mandatory learning to the next level?
- How can mandatory learning be made more nano to meet the demands of modern learners?
- What strategy will best drive the behaviors needed to safeguard Deloitte's integrity and reputation?
- What outside-in solutions inform best practices in the area of mandatory learning?
- Development advisor: Serve as a credible and trusted advisor to stakeholders on effective and leading-edge learning and development strategies to achieve business goals.
- Needs assessment: Determine key development needs to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Program design: Design innovative solutions in the virtual learning environment to improve performance and engage the modern learner; appropriately leverage and manage internal and/or external resources, best practices and innovations.
- Virtual learning technologies: Develop learning solutions using a variety of virtual learning technologies including HTML 5 and Brainshark. Stay up-to-date on current technology trends and market best practices.
- Program management: Execute with strong project management skills, including creating and monitoring work-plans, managing against milestones, knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed, why, and how often, and knowing when to escalate.
- Communications: Develop and deliver creative communication campaigns to communicate value and engage learners.
- Annual plan: Provide input into the annual plan and budget based on business priorities.
- Operations: Manage end-to-end program operations including budget, program delivery, evaluation/feedback and measurement of business impact.
- Continuous improvement: Use evaluation data to measure impact and improve learning programs; continuously assess delivery process improvement opportunities. Challenge the status quo to drive improved outcomes.
- NASBA requirements: Apply knowledge of NASBA learning requirements and the impact they have on CPE accreditation of virtual learning solutions.
- Collaboration: Actively partner with colleagues in the US and India to ensure an optimized and common curriculum across geographies.
You'll be working on the Enabling Areas Learning team, within the Development Center of Excellence. In close partnership with clients, our team defines and delivers the learning experience for the ~13,000 professionals working across the US and India in Deloitte's major infrastructure groups such as Finance & Administration, Market Development, Risk, Strategy, Talent, and Technology. Specific to the area of mandatory learning, solutions extend cross-functionally to all ~80,000 professionals in the US firm.
We focus on delivery excellence and design innovations that meet the needs of the modern learner and incorporate the best of current and emerging design thinking, including beyond-the-classroom innovations, bite-sized learning, and on-demand learning.
- Established track record for taking a consultative approach to designing and delivering innovative virtual learning programs with measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs.
- Credible resource for leader development content, adult learning theories, leading-edge instructional design methods (including "beyond the classroom," bite-sized and on-demand), performance consulting, and change management.
- Significant program management experience with successfully planning, managing and delivering multiple, concurrent, and complex work streams in a matrixed organization with aggressive timelines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships with senior leaders in the firm and across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus.
- High initiative and passion for resolving complex business issues and moving solutions to the next level.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends.
- Strong critical thinking to identify interdependencies between issues, data, and outcomes; clear understanding of how moving pieces come together to build the big picture.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and insights in person, virtually, and in writing, succinctly and with impact, understanding what is relevant vs. what is "noise" to the audience.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office skills and ability to produce deliverables that carry a "stamp of excellence."
- In Excel, aggregate data, complete complex analysis, and display results visually.
- In PowerPoint, translate data into insights and tell a logically structured, succinct, and compelling story tailored to your audience; make clear and easily actionable asks.
- In Word, create clear, concise, professional written communications with a user-friendly layout that's conducive to cognition.
- Minimum 10 years of learning and development experience.
- Bachelor's degree and MBA or Master of Science in training and development, human resources development, education, organizational psychology, or related field preferred. Instructional Design experience strongly preferred.
- Prior Consulting or Professional Services experience desired.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRJD008-HRL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top