Manager, Independence Consultations - Engagements (Independence Compliance)
Manager - Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) - Engagement Compliance (Consultations)
Are you interested in being on the cutting edge of regulatory compliance? Are you passionate about research and subject-matter expertise in a professional services environment? Are you interested in gaining exposure to auditor independence rules promulgated by our regulators? Then our ICN Engagement Customer Service team may be the right fit for you!
Work you'll do
As an Manager in Independence Consultations (Engagements), you'll use your analytical, research and investigative skills to:
Work closely with ICN Partners, Principals, Managing Directors and Senior Managers, Lead Client Service Partners, Professional Practice Directors, Regional Compliance Officers, and DTT Independence Directors on consultations involving the following types of independence issues:
- Scope of Service issues
- Foreign and domestic service lines
- Fee arrangements such as contingent fees and commissions
- Matters arising from client mergers and acquisitions
- Identification of affiliate relationships
Work will also involve:
- Interpretation and implementation of new and existing regulations relating to permissible services for all Deloitte US entities.
- Attend policy setting meetings, perform research, and develop guidance to address emerging independence issues.
- Draft internal correspondence aimed at increasing awareness of the independence rules and implications of new SEC, PCAOB or AICPA rulings
- Revise the independence policies of the Deloitte US Entities to reflect rule changes and revisions to firm interpretations of existing rules based on "live" consultations
- Revise the Deloitte US Entities' ICPN training courses and develop new courses as needed to address both rule changes and new interpretations of existing rules promulgating from "live" consultations
- Assist in the further development of procedures, and implementing improvements, for the Independence Consultation System
- Prepare materials containing independence information for use at conferences and trainings
The Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest, in fact and appearance, when providing service to attest/audit clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and its professionals is essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
- Bachelors' degree (preferably business, finance or accounting)
- 5-8+ years of related experience
- Strong oral and written communications
- Outstanding attention to detail along with strong technical. organizational and analysis skills
- U.S. CPA a plus
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP standards
- An understanding of Independence requirements for professional auditing firms
- Demonstrated team leadership competencies/experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18STMSMGRJD036-USL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top